The Client

The next week was filled with remodeling, repainting and moving into the firehouse. as well as filming a promotional commercial. They also hired a receptionist named Janine. She was a short but self assured woman. She had a thick New York accent, and large circular glasses that always sat on her nose, so she could gaze at you judgingly without the glass barrier.

It was a cool fall morning, it was also the calmest day they have had since signing the lease of the firehouse. Peter was assisting in hanging the sign for their business outside the firehouse and Egon sat on the edge of Janine's desk, typing on his calculator.

Genevieve came downstairs, her hair in a messy ponytail and wearing a pair of overalls. She smiled at Janine and went to stand by Egon. "Whatcha doing?"

"Trying to figure out a pricing policy that would allow us to get out of debt as well as make a profit." he said, still looking down.

"That's heavy."

"You could say that."

The two stayed silent only for a moment or so, then it was broken by the sound of a car entering the garage.

Genevieve stood up and ran to Peter, "Is that the car?"

"If you could call it that." he scoffed.

Ray rolled down the driver's seat window and stuck his head out, "Gen! Grab the tool box, I'm gonna need help fixing the old girl."

Genevieve nodded and ran into the back office to grab the tool box. Peter looked offended that Ray didn't ask him to assist in fixing the car, but deep down, he knew he didn't want to. Genevieve returned about less than a minute later, opened the roof of the car, and bent down to begin working.

Peter began to walk over to his office, which was placed directly behind Janine's desk. He stopped when he watched Egon sneaking glances at Genevieve's bent figure over the hood of the car. He walked over to him with a smug grin, popping himself next to Egon.

"Sightseeing is my favorite part of New York, Egon. You took it a step forward, you have discovered beauty in our own home." Peter said, motioning to Genevieve's behind.

"I don't know what you're implying, Peter." Egon replied, staring down at his calculator.

"You don't have to lie to me, I know you two have the hots for each other." he said. When Peter noticed he wasn't getting Egon's attention, he grabbed his head, pulling it up to look at Genevieve. "Can't say I blame you, no man can resist that look."

Egon closed his eyes as Peter held his head up to look ahead. He hated that Peter caught him staring, he was not objectifying her the way Peter currently was. He only hoped Genevieve couldn't hear Peter's lude comments.

Janine groaned loudly, slamming her hands on her desk in frustration. Egon took this as his ticket out. He pushed out of Peter's grasp, walking over to assist Janine. Peter took one last look, then finally retreated back to his office.

There were a few minutes of quiet, busy work. No one paid any attention to the woman who stepped through the firehouse's large doors. She called out to someone as she walked in, and looked around strangely as she heard no response. She looked forward and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Janine, filing her nails at the reception desk.

"Excuse me, this is the Ghostbusters office, right?" the woman said.

Janine put down her nail file, looking up at the woman. She had long, curly brunette hair. She tightly held a purple shawl around her, looking around for the strange men she remembered from their commercial. "It is, can I help you?"