Finish

The blast from the proton packs made the Ghostbusters run for cover, while Stay Puft's marshmallow's rained from the heavens. The sky cleared and the roof was completely ruined, covered in broken bits of the temple and marshmallow residue.

The four men all grumbled and groaned as they stood up. Ray and Winston were covered from head to toe in marshmallow residue, while Egon and Peter only had a bit here and there. They all saw each other and instinctively walked to another.

"Are you alright?" Ray asked the men, looking to each for an answer, they were all unharmed and fine.

They all looked at what was left of the roof. The temple was completely gone, the only remnants being two terror dog statues and a large bust of Gozer in the back. Peter walked by Zuul's statue, staring at it blankly.

"Ugh, it smells like barbequed dog hair." Ray said, not seeing the statues. He noticed quickly after his inappropriate comment, apologizing quickly to Peter. "Oh! Peter, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't-"

Peter looked at Ray blankly, all color being drained from his face. Not wanting to torture himself any longer, he began to walk away from the statue, the other men following. Peter only walked a few steps when he caught a glimpse of piece of the dog's paw fall to the ground. He turned around, watching another larger piece fall, but this time, a human hand poked out of the hole. The four Ghostbusters rushed back to the statue, breaking and tearing it apart as quickly as possible.

Dana's curly hair was the first thing Peter saw, as her head came out of the statue. She looked around, barely able to keep her eyes open. Peter swooped in, lovingly carrying her out of the statue. He looked over and saw the other statue was fully broken too, Louis standing with the dog head over his own.

"Go help the little guy!" Peter said, getting some well deserved privacy with Dana.

She moaned lightly, opening her eyes, "Oh, where am I?" she said, her voice full of confusion. She looked up and saw Peter and let out a small smile.

Ray and Winston tended to Louis, walking him down the broken temple and over to Peter and Dana. They were about to leave, Ray turned over his shoulder and saw Egon, staring up at Gozer's bust. He signaled to Peter to wait.

The other three men left Dana and Louis, walking over to their friend. They all looked up at the piece of stone. The bust was much larger than Gozer, being double the size of Genevieve's head. It was a spitting image of what she had looked like before she disappeared. Her eyes were grey and blank, staring ahead at the group with no life left.

They all looked over at Egon, who looked painfully shattered. Egon was never known to show his emotions on his face, the only exceptions being when he was laughing or when he was terrified. This was neither of those times. All color was drained from his eyes, his mouth was slightly open. He knew he did what he had to do to save the world, he never imagined he would have to lose his world in the process.

"I'm sorry, Egon." Peter said, breaking Egon's attention away from the statue. "I really hoped for the best for you two."

Egon sighed deeply, quietly saying, "Me too."

"She's not, you know, in there too right?" Ray asked.

Egon shook his head, "We had to defeat Gozer, if Gozer chose Genevieve as it's human form, it only makes sense that she would have to die as well."

He looked at the bust one final time, shaking his head and turning his back quickly. He began to walk towards where Dana and Louis where standing, Peter and Winston following. Ray stared deep into the bust's eyes, trying to find any sign of his friend in those cold, dead eyes. He shook his head in denial, "No!"