Sued

"Where is he?"

"Mrs. Spengler, please calm down."

"Go to hell! Where is my husband?"

The officer gave in, ushering the hysteric woman to follow him. They walked past the front desk and past the large offices and finally reached rows of small jail cells. She could see three men sitting in one, they just happened to be Ray, Peter, and Egon. She ran past the officer, standing in front of the cell.

"Genevieve!" Ray said excitedly, standing up to greet her.
She was not as excited to see her friends. Her eyebrows furrowed and Ray stood back, knowing that she was angry.

"Would one of you be so kind as to tell me why I got a call at one in the morning saying that my husband was arrested?"

"You know that blackout?" Peter said.

She nodded.

Peter motioned to himself and his friends.

Genevieve understood immediately, "You caused a blackout! How the hell do you manage that?"

"Don't look at me, look at Ray, he was the one who was underground when it happened." Peter said defensively.

"Shut up, Venkman, you're not off the hook yet."

"Genevieve." Egon finally stood up, walking over to the bars. He pushed one of his hands through, awkwardly stroking her cheek. "We'll worry about who to blame after we get out of here. Have you found out how long we're in here?"

She calmed down as soon as his fingers met her skin, "The officer said they're about to post your bail, which is gonna be costly."

He nodded, "See? Everything is going to be alright."

That was true, until a week later, when the three men ended up in court. Turns out, causing a city wide blackout doesn't look so hot especially after causing thousands of dollars of property damage years before. The city of New York was pretty fed up with the Ghostbusters at this point, hence, the lawsuit.

Genevieve, Dana, and Winston sat behind the three men's table, eagerly waiting for the trial to begin. Egon turned around, motioning for Genevieve to get close to him.

"How do you think I'll look in stripes?" he joked.

"You're not going to jail. Plus, I think orange would compliment your eyes more." she smirked.

The judge banged his gavel down three times, making Egon quickly turn back around. Genevieve, Winston, and Dana all shared a nervous look before turning their full attention to the judge.

"Before we begin this trial, I want to make one thing very clear. The law does not recognize the existence of ghosts. I don't believe in them either. Don't wanna hear a lot of malarkey about goblins and spooks and demons. We're gonna stick to the facts in this case and leave the ghost stories to the kiddies, understood?"

"Sounds like a pretty open minded guy." Winston whispered to Genevieve.

"They call him 'The Hammer'."

"At least they have a decent lawyer right?" he asked.

Genevieve shook her head, "I wouldn't be too sure about that."

Just then, Louis Tully came walking over to the defendant's table, dropping a large stack of files on the tabletop. He talked to the three men anxiously and Ray threw his head in his hands in response, assuring his lack of confidence in his only line of defense.

The two lawyers got their things straightened out and Genevieve tuned out most of the protocol stuff. Both lawyers interviewed some witnesses, one being a "specialist" for ConEd saying the Ghostbusters were, to put it delicately, full of shit. Genevieve was tuning out most of it, only paying attention when Louis called his fourth witness to the stand, Genevieve.