Chapter 59

Adi wasn't coming up, Tara was very hungry so she decided to climb down on her own.

She took 10 mins to walk down the stairs. When she finally reached the living room, she saw Rakesh and Varun looking like they want to escape, Adi's frown was back and Venu who's usually calm and happy kept gruffing and glaring. Only thing usual about this setting was Adi's parents, they remained silent, with their lips forming a thin line. She went over there nervously.

Adi's eyes fell on her and he was immediately feeling guilty. He didn't care that everyone was present there, he just hugged her. Tara needed that as well, she had climb down the gigantic steps and then the entire living room looked like a murder just happened. For a minute, she believed it might be true as well. Thanks to all the crime documentaries and series she watched.

"Sorry ma na vanthirukanum but inga vantha odane thatha pesa aarambichitanga. Athaan varla. I'm so sorry"

He sounded like a sad child.

"Adi paravala vidu looks like a family meeting. Athaan nane erangi vanthuten la I'm proud of you nu sollu, sorry vendam"

Adi just stared at her

"Ila ma na irukapo laam kai pudichu kuptu poven nu solliyum ipdi unna vitu vantenle athaan guilty ah iruku. But seriously I'm proud of you for coming here alone"

Tara smiled. He took one look at her face and understood.

"Pasikuthu la unaku, va we'll cook something"

....

The entire room was hearing these two talk.

Rakesh was glad that his sister chose Adi. Varun was happy that these two are doing well. Venu was grateful that his grandson had a healthy relationship.

This was not the case for Adi's parents, their eyes showed a distant hurt. Years ago they promised to not let go of eachother but they did. They didn't even try to mend their relationship. Sorry and Thanks - were the two words they never uttered to eachother.

Seeing Adi and Tara behave so mature in love was hurting them, they were much older but infront of the young couple's love, their relationship or what was left of it, seemed depressing and immature.

....

Adi and Tara were in the kitchen. He was preparing dosa and sambar.

"Ama enna aachnu ellarum apdi ukanthirunthanga" she sat on the counter and asked

Adi sighed

"En paati varangalam iniku"

Tara was confused

"Mother's side" Adi clarified

"Avungalum seri ilaya"

"Ila enaku avungala pudikum. We are not close, rare ah thaan visit panuvanga, but vantha nalla paathupanga"

"Nalla vishayam thaane why did everyone's face fall"

"Avunga mattum varla, avunga husband uhm varanga. Antha thatha kum intha thatha kum aagathu"

Tara chuckled

"Ohhhhh. Inga stay pana porangala"

Adi placed a dosa on her plate

"Ila iniku mattum pathitu povanga. But that's not the problem"

"Nee saptiya"

He nodded a no. She fed him and herself.