Closer pt 2

Reanna

Darren pulls off as soon as I hop in the back. "Everything okay Re?" I fix my clothes on me throwing my hair back up in a messy bun. "Yeah.. Bashar saw me though. Drive!" He smiles to himself and says  "I figured by the way you hauled ass out the house. I saw him and everyone else when he pulled up. I had a feeling that y'all were gonna see each other but I didn't wanna give his Moms up like that." I suck my teeth shaking my head trying to keep the smile off my face. "Asshole. I hate you." He looks back twice at me in the review mirror "I love you too hard head ass girl."

We don't say anything else for the rest of the ride because he pulls up to the hotel that we're staying in. He clears his throat and  tells me when we make it to the elevator "Chris said y'all supposed to be having lunch and he'll meet you in your room."

I scrunched my face up because we were supposed to have dinner at the club tonight ... not lunch now and dinner later. He's trying to keep me as close as possible for real.

Darren walks me to my room when we reach our floor and he waits until I'm safely inside my room. When I open the door it's dark but you can see it's candles lit. And low music playing ... I walk around the corner to Chris with a wife beater on with red & white roses and rose petals on the bed and the food laid out looking good... 1942 on ice.

When he sees me he stands up and he smiles letting me put my purse and stuff down before extending his arms for a hug.

"Hey mama." I step back releasing myself from his arms rubbing my hands down my thighs ... "Wassup. Umm.. what's all this? We didn't say we were meeting for lunch. Dinner. At.  The. Club. TONIGHT. Remember?"

He smiles slowly pouring us a drink and he looks at me lifting the glass to his lips. "I just wanna spend time with you Reanna. I've barely seen you since we've landed.. and we only got 2 nights left in town. Tonight and Diddy's party tomorrow. I just wanted to show you what being mine could be like. This (waves his hand around the room) is nothing compared to everything you could have ... everything I'd do to show you my love everyday."

I lift my glass to my lips watching him as I took a sip. I take a deep breath before looking him in his eyes. "Why? Why do you keep trying? You can have any girl you want and you pick one that is fucked up over someone else."

He tilts his head back draining the contents of his glass before he slowly walks over to me caressing my face. "You're infatuated with the thought of him and that'll go away soon. Once we've spent some real time together and the public has seen us together... you'll forget all about that rapper and see you have a man here that genuinely loves you Re. And I'm willingly to wait ... no matter how long it takes."

I step away from him going over to the bed making myself a plate. "Don't waste your forever holding your breath for something that won't happen. I've sworn off dating.. off men ... off everyone. I don't want to love anymore."

I was bluffing all I wanted was Bashar but I just wanted to crush his dreams before they got too big. But me saying that is like it gave him energy. "Then I will teach you how to love again this time the right way. And we'll be amazing." He comes over to where I am bringing me more 1942 and food. He leans over and kisses my forehead and when he pulls back he whispers to me "Whatever it takes.. we'll be in love."

He blows out all the candles and turns on the lights saying "Enjoy the rest of your lunch and I'll see you tonight  for dinner." And he walks out with his food and cup in hand.

I called Darren about 5 minutes after Chris left and I said "You hungry?" He was down in less than 2 minutes and he literally demolished everything I had left .. strawberries and all.