84

Anita

Anita

I checked my watch, it was 3 pm here which meant that it was 5 in Texas. Mom told me her flight landed at 5 and that only made me conclude that I had until maybe 5:30 to figure out what the hell I was going to say to my father. It was no secret that him and I had never been the best of friends. That was never our relationship. Alana and I always favored our mother over him and I truly was not regretting that decision. My father had a bad issue with his tone and his anger issues. He felt like after all the work he'd done for us, that in turn that meant he could handle us how he wanted to handle us. My mother told me that he was not supporting this move and I saw that coming miles away. I was not my father's favorite and if there were favorites to be declared, I am sure in present day and current time, he'd pick Alana.

And in hindsight, I could understand why. Completely. I grew up and did my own thing. Defied the rules given and lived my life, my way. I learned and am still a life lessons the way I want to learn them and he hated that fact. My father was a controller. If he did not have his hands in every single part of our lives, then it was an issue. It had always been that way and it was a character flaw that I didn't see how my mother could overlook. It stood out so drastically that I made sure to steer away from men like that because I knew I could never last as long as my mother did with it.

Once my mother had left for the airport, La and Mickey had filled me in on everything my father said and just how he said it. They told me that he'd spoken to mommy badly and that in itself led me to the fact that I was about to receive a phone call from Hell. And soon at that.

"NiNi, is it cool if I eat this?"

I looked into my kitchen to see that Mickey had placed her eyes on the pots on my stove. "Of course, I cooked it for us."

"Ohhhh, I wasn't sure." She mumbled before she walked to the sink and washed her hands. I looked back towards the beach, watching the waves crash as I went back to thinking.

My mom hadn't made this much easier, if I might add, for she had spent almost a week in Florida before truly getting on the plane back to Texas. She'd told Alana and Madison that she was going to the airport but really only went to Miami for some days. No telling what she got into... nor was that any of my business, so I minded mines.

"Have you heard from La?"

Shaking my head, I answered my sister. "No, last she texted was that she'd tell us if she won the race or not. Haven't heard anything since, but I do think she said Janet was going to be at the race so it is no telling what she's doing."

"I love Janet."

"She was my AP when I was in highschool. Hated Third and I. Only because we'd always be skipping to spend time together and if I wasn't skipping, then Third was just to walk me to class. We got on that ladies last nerve." I chuckled. "But, she honestly seems sweet. I'm glad you love her."