115

Alana

Alana

"I'm nervous."

"Nervous for what? You know we got this in the bag." Brianna told me as she bumped my shoulder. Her, Ryanna, and I were heading towards Brianna's car. We had been carpooling for like three weeks every weekend to our Saturday morning practices. They were at 6 each morning and we all lived in the same apartments so it only made sense to be saving gas.

They were also the two I was most close to on the team. If anyone knew how to get me out of the house in Florida on a random night other than my girlfriend and Lay, it was these two.

"Ssh, don't jinx it." Ryanna suddenly looked up from her phone screen to tell Bri.

"Girl boo, my statement stands and watch it happen tomorrow. You gotta speak it into existence first." She argued back.

I shook my head in humor as I adjusted my duffel before pushing open the doors of the gym. The light blue and orange sunlight met us, with a slight drizzle and chill causing me to shiver but keep moving none the less.

"Lanez what you think?"

"I think that if it's in God's will, it'll be done." I replied as I pointed to her car. "Unlock the doors before we get there please Bri."

In all seriousness, I was nervous out of my mind. Trying to think good things and I knew I was trained for this. I knew that I was more than ready and very capable of qualifying for the Olympics but that still didn't erase the anxiety of it. I was anxious out of my mind and could only stay in prayer that tomorrow went on perfectly and without a hitch.

Brianna laughed as she unlocked her vehicle but before I could make it to her car, my eyes scanned the parking lot when I noticed a familiar truck parked outside. Soon they landed on my girlfriend who was standing on the side of her truck with her umbrella in her hand.

Turning to the girls, I told them quite quickly. "Alright, I'm going to catch y'all on the flip side. I'm going with my wife."

Brianna giggled softly before doing what she always did. Teased. "Girl you're so damn whipped it's scary."

"You just saying that cause your a wanna be player, Bri. Let the girl love." Ry mumbled back causing me to laugh.

"Oh shut up Ry, y'all both know I'm just playing with y'all big headed asses and I am a player!"

Ryanna quickly shot back with her jab. "Yeah with a girlfriend for 7 years and y'all ain't never cheated or took no break. Shut that bullshit up."

We all laughed as I finally broke off path and walked to my girlfriend. She smiled at me as she mumbled. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Never." I smiled back just as big as I went to adjust my duffel bag just for her to take it from me and hand me her umbrella to stand under. Watching her place it in the backseat and open the passenger door for me, I asked as I stepped into the truck. "What are you doing here baby?"