11

Janet

I pulled outside of Alana's house and didn't have to text her. Instead she came outside as soon as my car pulled up. She'd changed out of her school outfit and into a t-shirt and biker shorts. My face furrowed as I put my window down. Holding out the shake, she didn't take it but instead stuck her head in my car. "What're you—."

She unlocked the door and opened it before I could get my question out completely. Soon she was sitting in my passenger seat and grabbing her shake from out of my hands.

"Thank youuuu." She smiled in content as she put the straw into the cup.

"You're welcome. Any reason in particular that you put your head in my window just to unlock my door and proceed to sit in my passenger seat?"

Alana made a face before shaking her head. "You said I could earlier. Oh my bad. I forgot." She put her seatbelt on and locked the doors before putting her window up. "Alright. Let's go."

"Go? Go where?"

"I don't know. Wherever. I was bored in that house."

"We were on the phone."

"Okay but eventually you were gonna hang up and I was gonna be bored again. So let's go."

"Danielle.. I'm too tired to argue with you at the moment." I told her in all honesty.

"Exactly. So let's go. I win this argument." Sighing, I put my car in drive and drove off. She looked around the car. "I didn't remember this car being this damn nice when I drove it. Maybe because I was drunk."

"Language."

She sent me a look. "Nah. I can cuss. We aren't in school."

"Oh so it's just a no cussing in school rule?"

"Yeah. Exactly."

I shook my head in amusement as I drove out of her neighborhood. "Seriously Danielle, where am I going?"

"I don't know. It doesn't matter. It's not like I have to be back home anytime soon. My parents left for Jamaica today. My sister doesn't care where I am as long as I'm safe. So it doesn't matter."

"Well I'm tired so.."

"Want me to drive?"

"And that's gonna be a no."

"Why not? I drove before."

"I was shit faced. It doesn't count."

"It does count because no scratch or dent was in your car the next morning. So I did some good driving."

"Thought we decided not to bring up that night?"

"At school. We decided not to bring it up at school. Okay fine, if I can't drive and you're tired then just go to your house. I'll just chill over there for a little bit."

"I like how you're planning this all out and not asking me."

"Oh. Sorry." She paused before continuing. "Okay so your house it is."

Chuckling, I didn't respond. She cheered me up. I don't know if she did it purposely but she still did it without a doubt. As I drove she began hitting my screen to figure out why music wasn't playing. Truthfully, my ass was too tired to even put some music on. Picking up my phone, it unlocked and I handed it to her. "My phones connected. That's why no music is playing."

She grabbed it and went to my music. "You don't have any playlists?"

"Why do I need a playlist?"