THERE'S A SOLUTION

I was woken up by Emily who called me down for dinner but honestly I didn't feel like it yet here I am

I was woken up by Emily who called me down for dinner but honestly I didn't feel like it yet here I am. Playing with the morsel of rice and showing as much as disinterest in my face while Flo flashes me a expression of worry.

But her concern is the last thing I would care now. This situation is so messed up. My brain is unable to process it.

Xavier came around the table and asked me to go to his office later as I nod at him monotonously. After he leaves Flo comes my side and says "are you okay girl?"

"Huh?"

"I said are you okay? You look so pale! If you need anyone to talk to, I am here for you... even though the circumstances aren't in your favour we can make it work"

I just nod at her words and finish my meal. The last thing I want to do is be ungrateful and waste food when others aren't getting the privilege.

"Let's watch a movie, how about Spider-Man? Or some chick flick?"

"I don't know I am not in the mood Flo"

"Oh cmon it will help you feel a bit lighter" she intertwines her hands with mine and tags along towards the sitting room.

"Can we watch any Asian movies like Indian or any other ?" I ask her as I am clearly bored with the American ones and watched all the good ones with Sera.

"Oh yes for sure.. a new movie called 'Parasite' is released, we can watch that.. it's Korean" she says as I nod at her and sit on the couch.

She puts her Netflix connection in TV as the movie starts playing and I for some moments forget about my state and get into the dialogues.
____________
"What the heck? He is literally hiding beneath them eww" says Flo as I watch the sympathetic scene in agony.

"I swear this rich shits I am going to kill them"

"Flo relax it's just a movie, not literally happening" she passes me a look and says "even though it's a movie there are people acting like that and it bothers me so much"

I nod but internally disagree. Does she not see my state? Like what th- I am literally in a sea of emotions with the Thomas situation and the growing attachment towards Xavier who is not even of my own religion like how messed up is that?

Pushing my thoughts away I try to read the subtitles as the scene of murder shows up. I look towards Flo to find her enjoying this. Ofcourse I am in a house full of killers.

Don't get me wrong I love her spontaneous personality but who enjoys a killing scene? Not normal people right? Yeah definitely not me. But am I normal? Because as far as I know I am in a quite abnormal situation.

The police enters and arrests the culprits in the movie as finally the ending credits show up. At last the credits for the sub editor shows up 'Oh Mi Joo'

(By the way for those of you who watch kdrams Oh Mi Joo is a character from run on)

Bidding goodbye to Flo I head toward Xavier's office which I am doing quite a lot since few days.

I knock as a gruff 'come in' follows and enter the room. The room is slight warmer then the entire house giving home vibes but is so much far from that.

"Sit down" he says looking through some papers scattered on his desk as I nod and take a seat.

"So did you come up with anything?"

He shakes his head as he says "no not really which is why I called you.. do you have any suggestions even though you are quite unfamiliar to this situation?"

I shake my head in No as I say "no, I can't even evaluate the gravity of situation I am in so it's you who has to do the graph"

He nods and says "actually I did come up with something but in your case it's quite irrational"

Curiously I lean towards him as I raise my brows in motion to ask "what did you find?"

He shakes his head and says "I don't think it's up for discussion"

"Xavier what is it?"

He looks up and says "In the mob world when a crisis occurs, mostly for a female.. the girl's family makes a power statement by announcing the unison between another member of another group.. so this way no one harms the girl"

"And your point is?" I ask as confusion arises within me and he says "the thing I am trying to say is if you and I announce we are dating or some thing like that, chances are that Thomas will have to back the heck off"

What? My faces heats up at his words as I look elsewhere to avoid eye contact and he reads my expression carefully.

"But Ofcourse that won't be applicable in your case as you don't date and neither do I"

At his words my shoulder slumps down as disappointment creeps in. What was I expecting? Ofcourse he doesn't like me.. and that shouldn't bother me.

"What are you thinking?"

A idea comes in my mind as I shake it away by it's too late as words escape my mouth " we can't be together unless we.."

Putting my hand on my mouth I stop more words forming. Gosh Eliza shut up for once, will you?

"Unless we what Eliza?" He asks as I shake my head "nothing nothing just a stupid thought"

He stands up and walks towards me and repeats himself " unless we what Eliza?"

"Nothing I should leave I'll come by later" i stand up to leave but he comes in my way to stop me.

"Eliza" he says in a alerting tone.. "say it"

"Unless we.."

"Good Eliza my patience is running thin.. unless we .. what?"

"Xavier un" I stop and try to process the situation. Do I really want to say it out loud?
Shaking it off I finally say..

Finally taking a deep breath I say "Unless we get married"
Oh god what have I done? I just said my nemesis the cure of the crisis.
***