→ TWENTYONE (instagram + real life)

notlivianamassey: when your friend forgets he is supposed to bring a plus one to his parents New Years dinner, so you have to go with him, because it is "what a good friend does" 🙃

tagged: benbarnes

56K LIKES | 853 COMMENTS

benbarnes: you didn't have to make it sound like that...

notlivianamassey: benbarnes oh, I absolutely did. I am quite looking forward to it, though!

sustravis: HANG ON A MOMENT

user: susannah is all of us right now

saraphinaoko: you look stunning! have fun!

username: ohmygosh she is meeting his parents!

user1: username yeah, as "friends"

☼☽

Precise as always, Ben knocked on her door at exactly 6.00 pm. "Give me a second" she shouted, while trying to get her last shoe on. The door swung open, revealing Ben in a suit. "Looking good, Barnes." she smiled, finally getting her shoe on. "Thank you, you too Massey" he smiled, and Liviana got up to give him a quick hug. "How are you feeling about it all?" Ben asked, as Liviana pulled her coat over her shoulders. "Okay... Well, a bit nervous actually" she chuckled, walking out the door. "Oh, there is no need, I am sure they will love you!" Ben assured her, closing the door behind them. "Well, that is a relief" she laughed, walking to Bens car. She knew that meeting his parents, meant he wasn't planning on letting her go, so this evening meant more to her, than she could ever explain.

A few minutes later, Ben pulled in, and parked in front of a huge house, a little out of London. "This is where I grew up" He explained as they stepped out of the car, Liviana looking around in wonder. "It's wonderful, Ben" She smiled. Nothing like the trashy apartment, she spent most of her childhood in. She continued to look curiously around, as Ben opened the door and they stepped inside. "We're here!" He yelled into the hall, they had stepped into. This reminded Liviana not to be rude, and she gathered herself, just in time to see a small woman walk in. Bens mother. She smiled at the sight of her son, who ran to hug her. "Hi mum" she could hear him say. The woman clapped him on the back, and made her way over to Liviana, who smiled politely. "Hello dear" Bens mother said, pulling a surprised Liviana into a hug too. "Hello. It is so nice to meet you, mrs. Barnes" she chuckled, as they pulled away. Mrs. Barnes had a very kind face, and she seemed to have made the same conclusion about Livianas, for she grabbed her arm, and lead her into the kitchen with her. "Oh, call me Tricia, please". Liviana did not know where Ben went, probably to say hello to the rest of his family. "I am so happy to have you here" Tricia said, when they entered the kitchen. "I am very happy to be here" Liviana smiled, "is there anything I can help with?" she didn't know what to do with herself in the huge white kitchen. "No, dear, just enjoy yourself tonight."-"Mom!" Ben entered the kitchen, "This was early to pull her away from everybody" he walked over and stood next to Liviana, who smiled shyly. "Well, I like her already" his mom said, and they left the kitchen to enter the living room, where the others where. Liviana could hear mumbled voices, and felt the nerves come again. At least his mom seemed to like her. She wondered what the others would think about her. There had been a lot of bad news about her in the papers. As if Ben knew what she was thinking, he gently placed his hand on her back, taking her into the room. There was almost fifteen people in there, and the huge table was full of what looked to be delicious foods. "Everybody, this is Liviana" Ben said, saving her from having to say hello to everyone. "Liviana, this is everyone", she smiled and waved quickly. "Hello, it is so nice to meet you all" her voice was as cheerful as she could manage. A woman, around her age quickly made her way over to her, when Ben walked away to say properly hello to his family. Liviana assumed it must be his sister. "Hello, Liviana" she said. "I am Jackie, Bens little sister", Liviana shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Jackie!". "Can I just say, that I am a huge fan?", Liviana raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Really? That makes me so happy" she chuckled, already liking Bens sister. "Yes, I mean you are absolutely incredible! I was so happy when I read that you and Ben were seeing each other." Once Jackie realized what she had said, she quickly corrected herself, as Livianas cheeks turned pink, "I mean, as friends, of course". A tall silver haired man, who she assumed was Bens father, called everyone to the table. Unsure where she was supposed to sit, she just followed Jackie. She ended up being placed between Bens sister and father, opposite Ben, who sat at the other side.

The conversation flowed surprisingly naturally, and the food was delicious. Jackie and her had already become great friends. It turned out the two women had a lot in common. When they had finished eating, Bens father turned to her for the first time. "So, you're Liviana Massey?" it wasn't really a question, just a clarification. "Yes, sir, I am" she tried to send him a small smile. "I can see why Ben likes you", was all he said, before turning away to continue his talk with his brother. Liviana then locked eyes with Ben, who just shrugged his shoulders, and sent her an encouraging smile.

☼☽

Bens point of view

Without even realising it, Ben sat there with the biggest smile plastered on his lips. Liviana looked so carefree and happy, and it warmed his heart to see her around everyone who he loved. She almost seemed like a part of the family. A part of him wished she could be, for real. But he knew that was a selfish wish, that he couldn't ask for. All he wished for, where for her to be happy.

☼☽

It was dark outside, and Liviana were talking to Tricia and Jackie in the kitchen. Most had already gone home, but Ben was in a deep conversation with his father, so she didn't want to disturb. "Can you sing us something?" Jackie asked, making Liviana look flustered. "Oh no, I don't think that would be a good idea" she tried to laugh it off. "Please?" Jackie tilted her head a little bit. Even Tricia looked anticipatingly at her. "A little song can't hurt you, dear. And I really want to hear too" she smiled at Liviana. God, she couldn't say no to them. "Alright, fine! But it won't be very good" Liviana finally gave in. Tricia said it didn't matter, and Jackie asked her to sing a snippet of what the water gave me. Hesitantly at first, Liviana started to sing. She had no background music, but it didn't really matter. By habit, she closed her eyes. Her voice wasn't loud, but it was still powerful. What used to be a full belt song, became more of a hauntingly beautiful lullaby. When she finished the first verse and chorus, she opened her eyes again, just to find four pair of eyes starring at her with open mouths. Ben and his father had entered without her noticing. She smiled shyly, as Jackie clapped enthusiastically. "Wow" Ben whispered and walked over to her. "That was beautiful" Tricia agreed, and even Thomas nodded in approval. "Thank you" Liviana felt the heat rise to her cheeks. "I can't believe you made her do that, though. I think that means it's time we head home", Ben laughed, and placed an arm around Livianas waist, without thinking about it, making both of them flustered. They said their goodbyes, and Liviana promised Tricia that she would come by sometime soon. Safe to say it had been quite a success.

The drive back was silent. A comfortable silence followed them all the way to her door. "Thank you for driving me back. And thank you for tonight, I really did have a wonderful time" Liviana rosed to her toes and planted a soft kiss on Bens cheek. "Goodnight, Ben" she whispered, opening the door. "Goodnight, Liviana".

☼☽