→ TWENTYFIVE (real life)

Liviana was folding laundry in the huge living room at Bens parents house. She had stayed over, after driving Tricia home, and agreed to stay a few more days, so she could take care of the house while Tricia focused on taking care of her husband. Liviana felt a gentle tap on her shoulder, pulling her out of her thoughts. "I'm going to bed darling, if it is okay?" Tricia looked so tired, and it broke Livianas heart. "Of course. You need your sleep. I'm almost done with this anyway", she smiled, before giving the woman a warm hug. "Thank you" she nodded gratefully before leaving. 

Liviana finished up the last laundry, and went into the kitchen where she had put water over for tea. She poured two cups and slowly made her way upstairs. She hesitated for a second, before knocking on Tricias door. "Come in, dear", Liviana opened the door. "I had a feeling you hadn't gone to bed" she smiled, and Tricia clapped at the bed beside her. "I can't sleep" she mumbled, as Liviana sat down. "I know" Liviana calmly said, giving her one of the tea cups. "Tea helps me, when I can't fall asleep". "You really are an angel" Tricia smiled, and took a sip, after which she placed her head on Livianas shoulder. "I am so thankful that Ben have you in his life. And that I do" Liviana almost felt like crying, it really felt like she had got a second mother. And a far better one that the one she grew up with. "You know, all the rumors about me are true. I did use to drink too much. The drugs were real too" she whispered, looking straight into her tea. "But it is also true, that I have been sober for almost five years" she tried to smile. "I know, darling. And I don't care much for rumors" Tricia gently took her hand. "Thank you" Liviana whispered. "Oh no, thank you" Tricia said back, with a genuine smile. "You really should see if you could get some sleep" Liviana insisted, standing up, when they had finished their tea. "I know, and so should you." she nodded. "I'm actually gonna stay up a little longer. I would like to get some work done... besides, Ben should be up now, so I thought I would call him and give him an update", Tricia smiled at her, as she climbed into bed. "Good, good, thank you. Send him my regards. Oh and dear, you are more than welcome to borrow our piano if you need it" Tricia turned of the lights, but she could feel Livianas grateful smile in her bones. "Goodnight, Tricia. I will see you tomorrow" she closed the door, just in time to hear a soft "goodnight".

Liviana tiptoed back downstairs, and sat on the pianostool, her back to a huge window, pointing out at the lit up night. She mindlessly hit a few keys, before pulling out her phone and FaceTiming Ben. He picked up immediately. 

"Liv, hi! Is everything alright?"

"Hi, yes, everything is okay. Your mom just went to bed, and your father is still doing good. They said we could probably take him home tomorrow."

"That is good news indeed! Are you staying over?"

"Yes, I thought that was best. This way I could help Tricia, so she only had to focus on your father."

"You really are the best person I know"

Liviana chuckled shyly. 

"How's everything in LA?"

"So far, very good, thank you. I have to do a chemistry test in two days, and then I will probably find out"

"That is so exciting! I am really happy for you, Ben!"

"Thank you. I do miss you, though"

"I miss you too. And so does your mother, she sends her love"

"Thanks... Are you at the piano?"

"Yes, I thought I would just get some work done. I have this sung stuck in my heart."

"Well, we can't have that. I hope I can hear it someday"

"Maybe..."

"Oh shit, I really have to go, Liv. I will call you when you wake up tomorrow?"

"That sounds perfect. Have a great day, Ben"

Liviana smiled as she hung up the phone. With sudden inspiration, she started hitting the keys again, slowly forming a rhythm in her head. She started to hum, which quickly evolved into singing.

"my heart is a haunted house".

☼☽

Authors note: I was feeling sad, so I made this, you are very welcome.