ꕥ𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚎♔

Last chapter...
"Abuela wants to get to know you and your sister tomorrow night."

"Why?"

"I-uhm-uh she just heard about me talking about you and she said she never heard or seen you, only your sister and so she wants to meet you two."Camilo quickly said.

Adela gave him a confused look.
______________________________________
Adela's POV
"I mean like she invited your family for dinner tomorrow."Camil explained,
"But why now? If she wanted to know us why not earlier?"I asked,
It was really weird for abuela to want to know us when she already knows my papá. But then again I cannot question her, I guess abuela can be unexpected?
"Look-I need you to dress nicely and-uh I don't know! I just want my abuela to like you!"Camilo panicked, I pulled his arm making him fall down next to me. His face looked like he was very worried which made me laugh a bit, "I'm serious Adela!," he starts to mumble "If abuela doesn't like you then she may never let me see you again! How am I gonna live without you!"

"Qué? Camilo slow down I can't understand you..."I tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't stop mumbling to himself. So I stood up and held his arms stopping him from walking around, "Camilo Madrigal. Calm down and listen, everything is going to be okay.Trust me." I smiled at him, it seemed to work.

I dragged him over to the tree and sat down letting him lay on my lap while I read the book out loud,
"But Grover couldn't fool me. When I mentioned the name Dodds to him, he would hesitate, then claim
she didn't exist. But I knew he was lying.
Something was going on. Something had happened at the museum.
I didn't have much time to think about it during the days, but at night, visions of Mrs. Dodds with talons
and leathery wings would wake me up in a cold sweat.
The freak weather continued, which didn't help my mood. One night, a thunderstorm blew out the
windows in my dorm room. A few days later, the biggest tornado ever spotted in the Hudson Valley
touched down only fifty miles from Yancy Academy. One of the current events we studied in social
studies class was the unusual number of small planes that had gone down in sudden squalls in the Atlantic that year. I started feeling cranky and irritable most of the time. My grades slipped from Ds to Fs. I got into more
fights with Nancy Bobofit and her friends. I was sent out into the hallway in almost every class.Finally, when our English teacher, Mr. Nicoll, asked me for the millionth time why I was too lazy to study for spelling tests, I snapped. I called him an old sot. I wasn't even sure what it meant, but it sounded good.The headmaster sent my mom a letter the following week, making it official: I would not be invited back next year to Yancy Academy.Fine, I told myself. Just fine. I was homesick-"
"Adela what does having a lover feel like?" Camilo asked, silence room over for a moment.

"I don't know Camil."
"Since when did I have a nickname?"
"Just now." I giggled, Camilo also laughed.

Camilo suddenly got up and started to climb up the tree, "Camil? Where are you going-wait for me!", I started to climb the tall tree but Camilo was way faster than I was, when I finally reached the highest branch of the tree my foot slipped and I started falling, "CAMILO!" I screamed, if I was going to die-falling was not the way I want to end my life.
______________________________________
Camilo's POV
Adela somehow calmed me down, usually it would take both my dad and mamá to just calm me down a little bit. I laid on her lap listening to her reading, I stared at the sky nothing it was the time where you can see the sunset in Encanto, I got up and started climbing up the tree. Adela who was confused just told me to wait up since I was climbing up so fast. When I got up there,I was met with the glowing orange sun that is hiding half of itself behind the mountains that protect Encanto. I heard Adela climb up so I turned around to help her, but she slipped and started to fall.