Chapter 3

early in the morning, i woke up to diluc trying to get out of bed.
"...where are you going?" i mumbled, stretching my arms out. it was around half past 5 in the morning so we were both sleepy.

"i need to go out for a little. i'll be back, don't worry." diluc replied, tucking me back in as he got out.
"are you going to look for treasure hoarders again?" i asked and rubbed my eyes.
"maybe, i promise i won't take too long."

i slowly opened my eyes and caught diluc gazing at me. he immediately broke eye contact.
"you can take some of my blood again."
diluc's eyes widened in confusion.

"huh? what?"

"...i don't want to be on my own." i admitted and shut my eyes again. diluc smiled and got back into bed.

"i don't want to hurt you, though."

"you won't." i moved my clothes slightly revealing my neck. diluc seemed tempted yet reluctant.
"...okay." he nodded to himself and lightly bit into my neck. blood slowly started to drip, though it didn't hurt badly.

diluc soon lifted his head and wiped the blood clean.
"are you alright?" he averted his gaze from my neck to my eyes, which were fluttering shut once again.
"mhm..." i mumbled under my breath. diluc was confident that he wouldn't hurt me and pressed his teeth where they just were.

a minute or so later, diluc was finished and lay next to me.
i moved and rested my head on his inner elbow, to which diluc moved his arm and put it over my shoulders.

"you're awfully clingy today. something the matter?" he whispered, playing with the ends of my hair.

"just tired. and cold." i replied and wrapped my arms around diluc's stomach. he seemed flustered by how comfortable i'd become around him. maybe it was because he could protect me?

"goodnight, diluc..." i managed to whisper as he was in his own world. quickly after that, i'd fallen asleep.

"goodnight, y/n. remember that when i'm around, nobody will hurt you."