Chapter 9

After a minute, I pulled away.

"S-So, uh, what did you want to show me?" Diluc took my hand and started to walk in a different direction.

He stood by a cliff, still grasping on to my hand, and turned to face me.

"Well... I have not shown you everything a vampire is capable of, yet. There are still quite a few things that we can do." Diluc smiled at me.

"Oh? What are they?" I asked, shooting a quite glance over the cliff.

"First of all, do I have your trust?" Diluc smirked.
"You do...?" I suspiciously replied and turned back to glare at him.

Diluc quickly pulled me into his chest and jumped off of the cliff.

In fear, I tightly wrapped my arms around him and shut my eyes tightly. Diluc's heart warmed knowing I'd go to him for safety.

Even though I didn't even think of looking down, me and Diluc weren't falling.
"Y/N.." He started, laughing... probably at me. "We're not falling, look.."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked down at the water below us, and then at Diluc.

We were flying.

"You... can fly?!" My tight grasp on to him did not loosen, but my fear of falling ceased.

"Yes, I can. You don't need to be afraid, I am here." Diluc put his arms on to my back, and flew back to the edge of the cliff.

We sat down and looked into the distance, as the ocean cast waves towards the shore.

"I can also-"

Diluc was cut off by footsteps behind us.

"Well, well, fancy seeing you two here..." Diluc stood up, and I turned around to see Kaeya smirking at us. We made eye contact and I quickly got up, moving away from the edge of the cliff.

"What are you doing here?" Diluc stepped forward and glared at Kaeya angrily.

"What? Is one not allowed to relax by the ocean?" Kaeya did not break eye contact with Diluc, but he walked towards me.

Kaeya tilted my head with his hand slightly and looked at the bandage on my neck.

"Kaeya, I swear..." Diluc's eyebrows furrowed and he was about to walk towards us, but he was stopped by Kaeya's laughing.

"Relax, I'm just looking..." Kaeya peeled off the bandage and looked at the (now almost healed) wound on my neck.

"Gosh, I hurt you quite a bit!" He laughed before leaning forward to whisper something in my ear.

"You know, Diluc kind of let me hurt you..." Kaeya whispered. I shook my head.

"Have it your way, then. Goodbye, brother." Kaeya walked off into the distance.

"You okay?" Diluc looked at my neck, and then back at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, sighing.

"What did he say to you?" Diluc asked, before planting a kiss on my cheek. I smiled.

"Just some nonsence, don't worry." Diluc nodded.

"Alright. Let's head home, it's getting late."

As we got home, the sun had already set and we were both quite tired.

"Care for a dance?" Diluc asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Erm... sure..." In all honesty, I didn't know how to dance.
He walked me into our bedroom, turned on some music, and we started to dance.

"I-I don't know how..-" I nervously tried to copy Diluc. He laughed at my attempts.

"Just move to the rhythm, I promise it's quite easy..." He moved my arms to put them in the right places, and I could not keep my eyes off of him.

We danced in the dark, completely forgetting about Kaeya, Mondstadt, pretty much everything.

"Y/N, I love you. So much." Diluc stopped dancing after a while and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"I love you..." I replied, sitting on our bed with Diluc still basically laying on me.

"Promise you'll never leave? Ever?" It seemed he was extremely stressed, from work, Kaeya, and having to feed on humans all at once.

"Pfttt, stop being soppy~ of course I'll never leave you!"

"...What about when... nevermind." Diluc sighed and shut his eyes.

"Hm?" He didn't reply to my confusion. "Diluc?"

To my surprise, he was fast asleep, arms wrapped around my waist.

"Goodnight..." I ran my hands through his soft, crimson hair and drifted off into a slumber.