Chapter 4

"y/n.." diluc shook me awake. i slowly opened my eyes and nodded.

"i'm going to angel's share for my shift. if you want to go outside, stay in the city of mondstadt." he stated and patted my head, before leaving his home.
i decided to sleep in a little longer.

an hour later, at 9.a.m, i woke up properly and got out of bed.
diluc had left for his work shift at the tavern.
i got dressed, grabbed some spare mora and left to go to good hunter. it did not take too long to walk to mondstadt, roughly half an hour.

once i had got in mondstadt's gates, i walked up to good hunter and waited in the line to get some food.
"welcome to good hunter! what can i get you?" sara grinned, pointing to the menu. i scanned it quickly.
"one fisherman's toast, please." i replied and smiled at sara. she nodded and my order started cooking.

"y/n?" a familiar voice chirped. i turned around and met eyes with kaeya's - or better known as the drunk man at angel's share.
"oh? hey, kaeya." i waved and placed my mora on the counter.
"i didn't expect to see you here! how are you?" it seemed like he couldn't remember what he said a few nights before.

"i'm good, how are you?" i replied politely. kaeya smiled again and gave a quick nod.
"i'm fine, thanks!~"
before i could talk to him more, i heard some quiet cursing. i turned around in confusion and saw a tint of red near the adventurer's guild.

"hmm? something wrong?" kaeya asked me as he noticed my strange behaviour.
"huh? oh, nothing! um... i gotta go, bye!" i waved goodbye to kaeya and hurried off to check out what i saw.

to my surprise, i saw diluc stood behind the adventurer's guild, clearly waiting for me.
"what are you doing-" my questioning was cut off by diluc using his speed to take us both back to his home. he pushed my back against the front door, causing a grunt of pain to come out my mouth.

diluc had a stern and almost furious look on his face.
"why?" he stared right at into my eyes, even piercing.
"why what?"
"WHY were you with that bastard kaeya?!" diluc yelled, making me jump. he quickly seemed to notice he frightened me and muttered a quick apology under his breath.

"i thought i already told him? why does this damn fool keep stealing from me?!" i tried to put my hand on diluc's shoulder to calm him down, but in return he pushed my wrists against the door and stared into my eyes for a few seconds.

"he doesn't remember what happened. diluc, i don't know why you hate him so much, but me and kaeya are barely even friends." i started to explain to him.

"y/n, i...-" diluc was panicking. he did not want to lose me - i was the only reason he hadn't lost control and killed people. he needed me in his life. he could not let anyone take me from him.

using the time as an advantage, i put my hands on the back of diluc's neck and kissed him. it took diluc by surprise at first, though almost instantly he kissed me back.

"y/n, i love you."