Chapter 11

It had been 2 months since Ashton and his band had left. Damn I missed him. Our relationship was still going fairly strong. We'd FaceTime practically everyday. And if we weren't FaceTiming then we'd be texting. I hadn't actually talked to him for a couple days though. I decided not to think anything of it. Yes I would prefer to be laying in his arms but I guess this was better than nothing. My apartment was really quiet without the sound of bass guitars and drums echoing above. I was just so used to hearing them practice that without them here I was feeling... empty.

Since I had nothing to do I decided to call Holly. I felt kinda bad as I hadn't really talked to her that much since Ash had left. I had been feeling so down and he was the only one I really wanted to talk to. Although she hadn't really talked to me either. I'd see her on my Instagram feed every now and then with all her other friends; having fun and enjoying life. I was glad she was happy but I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous? I had other friends too of course but I'd known Holly since I can remember.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of the phone ringing. I didn't even realised I had pressed call. But nevertheless, after a few rings it answered.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Holly it's Caity.. ha ha."

Did she really delete my number? No she couldn't have. She must just be joking around.

"Oh well if I knew it was you then I wouldn't have answered the phone."
she replied flatly.

Was she being serious? I know we had kinda drifted apart and I know it was all my fault but I thought she was more mature than that.

"What? Why are you being like this?"

"The real question is why are you calling me. Is Ashton not available to talk right now? Aw boo-hoo."

I'd never heard this side of her before. I could feel the tears starting to build up so before Holly or I could say any more to each other I ended the call. My emotions were so mixed and messed up right now. I felt guilty but also angry. How dare she act like this? But then how dare I be such a horrible 'friend'? Hundreds of questions and thoughts were whizzing around in my head. I was actually starting to feel quite light headed so decided to lay on my bed and unlock my phone to browse through twitter. I was hoping and expecting this to calm me down and make me feel better. What I wasn't expecting however, was what I ended up seeing.