Chapter 16

I hesitantly turned around.

"You lied. You have seen the picture. Haven't you?" Ashton looked up at me, staring into my eyes.

"Ashton look-"

"No. Caity, listen. I need you to hear me out. It was what it looked like but I-I can explain."

It 'was what it looked like'? So he was kissing her. I didn't want to believe that he was like that. I was so hurt. Ashton was still talking but I just blurred him out.

"No Ashton I don't want to listen. You were with another girl. I get that. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I'm sorry our long distance relationship didn't work out how we wanted it to. I'm just sorry."

Why was I saying sorry? He was the one t-that.. cheated on me. I wasn't even angry at this point. I was just hurt. But I still loved him. I didn't want to loose him. I couldn't loose him. But he'll just hurt me again.

"Please at least just put this back on?"

He held out the promise ring. I just stared at his hand then turned and walked out. I didn't want that ring. What yes I did! Shut up. argh What did I wand? Ashton. But he was with another girl. I never realised I was crying as hard as I was until Hannah handed me tissues.

"It'll be okay. Come on Caity, let's go check into the hotel."

I nodded and we drove to the hotel. When we got into our room I checked my phone to see I had a message. Well I had many texts and calls from Ashton but that was besides the point. There was a text from a number I didn't have saved into my phone nor did I recognise. I opened the message and it read:

*uh hey Caity. It's Michael. So I know you and Ashton aren't really on god terms right now. Neither are me and my girlfriend so I thought we should both get out. The boys are having a party tonight and yes Ash will be there but you need to have some fun. Hopefully I'll see you later? I got your number off Ash btw, I'm not a creepy stalker. Xx*

I actually laughed for the first time since the whole Ashton thing. Michael was such a dork. Underneath that text was another text from him. Which read the address of where the party was being held. I guess I do need to have some fun? Ashton can't ruin everything for me.

"Hannah, wanna go to a party tonight?"

"Yeah sure, whatever you want to do."

I laid down on my bed since there was still a few hours till we had to get ready. I went through all of my missed texts from Ashton.
'I'm sorry'
'baby please answer'
'I miss you I miss youuuuu'
'I know I'm an idiot but I need you'
'I love you. remember that'

There was loads of others but those were the ones that really stood out. Especially the 'I love you'.

"I love you too, Ashton." I muttered to myself.

It was true. I really did love him still. I think I always will. But right now I couldn't go running back to him. I had to make him want me even more. Damn I sounded rude as hell.

I sat there for 5 minutes wondering if I should text Ashton back. In the end I sent a simple:
'talk later, ash? x'
To which he instantly replied with:
'yes okay babe <3'

He was so hard to resist.