CHAPTER 21

Six Months Later

"Hey, mom?"

"Yah, Rose?"

"What are death sticks?"

I spit out my drink all over Armitage. He looked at me and blinked, unamsued.

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"Death sticks?"

"Where did you hear of those?"

"When T3 and I were taking a walk, some old dude offered us some."

"And you said?"

"No."

"Good."

"But, mom, what are death sticks?" Rosemary asked again, sitting by me.

"It's a hallucinogen drug," I said. "It's made illegally here and sold pretty much everywhere in the Outer Rim."

"We've had many death sticks smuggled aboard the First Order ships," Armitage said, wiping my drink off of him. "Mostly by poor officers who've visited here."

"With a name like death sticks, you'd think they'd avoid them, but whatever. Where'd you guys go?" I asked.

"Well, we found an old, abandoned Jedi temple. It's archives were still operating, so I was able to learn about a lot of things."

"That's interesting," I said absentmindedly. Suddenly, I stood up and bolted into the restroom, throwing up my guts. This pregnancy was difficult.

When I walked back out into the main dining room, Armitage looked at me.

"Again?"

I nodded weakly, pouring myself another drink.

"Jetta, that's the fourth time today," he said.

"I know," I said as I sat back down.

"I just can't wait to see him; Little Hux," he said with a grin.

"Little Fett," Rosemary corrected him. Armitage raised his eyebrows.

"'Little Fett'?" He repeated.

"Yah, mom doesn't go by Hux, she goes by Fett. So, therefore, it will be 'Little Fett'."

"I see," he said with a smirk.

"Well, I don't care if he is a little Hux or little Fett, i just want him out," I said.

"Yah, I don't what to have a kid," Rosemary said. "I'd just adopt."

"That works," I said, once again feeling out of it. "I'm going to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better."

Unfortunately, the next day wasn't any better. I had barely made it to the table for breakfast. Armitage and Rosemary looked at me with concern, but I said I was fine. That is, until I stood up and nearly collapsed. Rosemary tried to catch me, but wasn't able to. Armitage jumped over the table, and held me in his arms.

"Jetta?" He asked, placing his hand on my head.

"Armitage. It's time," I said weakly. His eyes widened.

"Rosemary, go find a medical droid or something!" He yelled at her.

"Okay," she said, scurrying off. Armitage picked me up and carried me to our bed. I groaned, but tried to keep my eyes open.

"It hurts," I said softly. "But he's coming."

"Shh, don't speak," Armitage said, stroking my forehead. A few moments passed, and still no medical droid had arrived.

"I'll be right back," Armitage said. I tightly squeezed his hand.

"Don't leave me," I whispered. The contractions had gotten worse. He sighed, and sat by the bed.

"Fine," he looked at me, trying to stay calm. Finally, Rosemary and several medical droids entered the room and shooed Armitage away.

"No, let him stay," I said weakly.

"I am sorry, Miss, but I cannot. Your daughter must leave too," one of the droids said.

"But-" Rosemary began as she was being escorted to the door.

"Just.. Listen to the-the droid, Rose," I managed to say. I then screamed in pain. It was coming.

"Relax," the droid said, finishing preparations for the delivery.

"Alright, do you feel any pain?" It asked. What kind of dumb question is that? I thought.

"Yes," I said simply.

"Okay, we need you to push... NOW!" Another droid said.

Okay, I thought getting my scars were painful. But this, this was the most painful thing I've ever felt. I never thought the baby would be born, but about 40 minutes later, my son had arrived.

I was aching, and trying not to cry as the droid placed my child in my arms. He reached for my face and I smiled. He had his father's eyes and hair color.

"Would you like me to bring in your family?" A droid asked.

"Please," I said, not taking my eyes off my newborn son.

Armitage walked in, followed by Rosemary, who appeared to be a little nervous. When he looked down, he smiled wider than ever.

"He's beautiful," he said.

"He looks like you."

"Exactly."

"You wanna see him, Rose?" I asked.

"Umm, sure." She walked over to me and looked at it.

"Um, yah... Congrats," she said, unsure of what to do.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked.

"Ehh, are you sure? I'm kinda a clutz," she said.

"Oh, okay," I said. Rosemary smiled and backed away. Armitage looked at the baby.

"Can I hold him?" He asked.

"Of course," I said. I weakly handed him the baby. He smiled and played with his tiny finger.

"What are we going to name him?" He asked, his gaze still on the baby.

"Jango?"

"Perfect," he said.

"Wasn't Jango Fett your grandfather?" Rosemary asked curiously. Armitage gave Jango back to me.

"Yes, he was," I answered. "Rosemary, you now have a little brother."

"That's exciting, I guess."

"Alright, you have to leave now. Jetta needs her rest." The droid said, pushing them back out of the room. I smiled as I looked at Jango.

"Little Jango," I whispered to him, stroking a ginger lock of his hair. "You'll make me proud."