07

--------------------

one cup left. only one melted chocolate filled cup was left for neither me or camilo to win the chocolate drinking game.
the clowns behind us would whisper nervously wondering who would win, we gazed at each other's eyes while waiting for the other to strike.
and then BAM!!
i quickly reached the cup but camilo somehow was able to snatch it from my hand before drinking all of it down.
"i win." he smirked.

i slouched in defeat and payed him with my last two chocolate bars.
"hah!" he beamed, feeling as if he was the king of everything and everyone.
"i told you i was better than you!" he pointed, i glared at him and moved my finger to the left making his chair get yanked over and make him fall on his back.
"ok." he groaned on the ground "that's not fair." said camilo while rubbing the back of his head.

i chuckled and let out my hand to help him up, he pouted and took it before smirking and making me trip with his foot, letting me fall on my butt.
"that's just mean!" i groaned.
"sorry not sorry bonita." he laid down on his back and i did the same.
all we could hear in the silent house while the clowns were giggling together while doing their little charades each other.

"camilo!" a high pitched voice knocked at the door and we immediately sat up just to see a girl with short curly hair and glasses walk inside our private party.
her mouth hang open accompanied with a frown.
"am i interrupting something...?" she looked around awkwardly
"great!now i'm thundering!" we heard another voice shout from the outside.
"just a very cool party for very cool people only." camilo stood up crossing his arms with an raised eyebrow.
"and i guess the clowns are the very cool people?" the girl smirked while leaning against the door frame.

camilo sighed and the clowns began to leave through another door.
"and who's that?" the girl asked waving at me, i slowly waved back.
"abuela's secret sibling." he smirked back at her and she laughed.
i stood up a bit behind him and watched as they continued talking.
"tía peppa is looking for you." she pointed with her thumb at the woman with a rain cloud on her head, camilo sighed with a bit of  worry.
"ok ok." he breathed as we both walked out of the room, the background behind us slowly becoming a dark room again with the static of the radio slowly turning itself off.

"camilo where were you?!" the woman with the raincloud let out a thunder.
"in my room" the thunders then stopped as she kept talking about how the ceremony was about to start.
"so you're friends with camilo?" the girl asked, i nodded shyly.
"well, i bet he does all the talking." she teased, i just nodded. she hummed and scratched her neck awkwardly.
"im uh mirabel." she smiled
"maria." i smiled back softly.
"you're very pretty." she said whilst we walked down the stairs.
"thanks." i smiled again and we parted ways.

"onde você tava??" my dad whispered nervously.
"hanging out with a friend." and with that my dad rolled his eyes playfully.
"you might as well marry him." my mom giggled.
"we're friends." I scratched my neck awkwardly, she shrugged.

we watched the older member of the family walk to the middle of the staircase with a bright candle with markings on it.
"this candle has been in our family for many generations." she started her speech, she seemed quite proud of how things turned out so far for her family.

"so what is she trying to tell us?" miguel whispered in my ear.
"the magic has been protecting them including the house." i whispered back with my eyes fixated on the woman.
"wait they have to protect this house?" he frowned.
"no dumbo the house protects them." he straightened his posture for while trying to process the words and then slouched closer to me.
"how can a house protect them?" i thought for a while letting my focus lose itself from the woman.
"it has life so i don't know." i shrugged, he sighed, clearly bored.

it was then when the little boy in white attire came out looking frightened as ever. the house tried to help him start walking but he wouldn't budge, he then let out his hand for someone before he and that mystery person whispered at each other.
and then mirabel came out from hiding, grabbing the boy's hand and leading him to the top of the stairs.

"why does he have to promise to help people?" miguel whispered closer to to my ear.
"because he has to use his gift for the greater good." miguel nodded, clearly that was the only thing that made sense to him.
the boy then walked up to a shining door and grabbed on the doorknob, i could see camilo and his family's eyes filled with hope as they held each other's hands.

"so if he doesn't get a door he sleeps in the living room?" i frowned and shrugged.
"I don't think they have a living room," miguel gasped "i mean they have magical rooms they must have something nice inside." miguel gasped as he grasped the thought of having such a room.
"why didn't we get those?"
"because we have a different culture, cara de burro." he glared at me.

i looked over at camilo again and our gazes connect, he smiled softly and gave me a small wave. i took a sharp breath before waving back and quickly looking away. i looked through the corner of my eyes and saw him chuckling lightly before his mom asked him what it was.

i let out the breath i took and watched as the boy in white started to talk with a cute little tucan.
"i understand you!" he grinned and listened to the bird talk.
"sure they can come!" he smiled at the bird and suddenly thousands of other animals came out from the outside of the house.
"ok now that's sick." miguel bumped me on the arm.
and somehow once he entered the room all of the other villagers went behind as if a miracle had happened. or maybe it did.

"are we supposed to go up there?" my mom asked while staring up at the flooded entrance.
"we could wait a bit." dad suggested and so we did.
"aren't you going inside?" mirabel asked walking up to us.
"oh we're just waiting so we don't get crushed by the crowd." miguel crossed his arms at the girl. she giggled.
"well you must be the first one's." she winked.
"oh look, let's get inside!" mom squirmed in happiness in which made us go inside the room.

it had a sort of tropical forest look with a giant tree in the middle and some bamboo sticks in a few corners of the room. it sure was big i'll tell you that!
we smiled as we watched from the distance the little boy jumping around with his animals.
it was then minutes later when they decided to continue the party inside that room, antonio's parents were dancing with him in the middle while other villagers laughed and clapped their hands with happiness.

but it was starting to bother me a bit so i told my parents i was going to the bathroom to take a breather.
i got out and saw mirabel on the end of the staircase, i looked up and saw a vase was about to fall on her.
"watch out!" i shouted and she looked at me in shock. i quickly moved my hand to the right and made the vase hit the wall, probably not a very good action but still mirabel wasn't harmed. my butt would be tho.

mirabel then stumbled a little once small cracks started to appear around the house.
"casita?" she whispered with wide eyes.
"what's going on?" i walked up to her.
"casita's in danger." mirabel grabbed me by the shoulders and dragged me to antonio's new room.

--------------------------