09

-------------------

me and my family went back home exhausted with all the dancing and socializing. mostly my dad.
my brother had already passed out on the couch so there was no way of getting him out of there, my mom was already taking off her clothes and simple make up to go to sleep while my dad munched on a small piece of bread with butter. even tho he was a little chubby he still felt good with himself and his diet, that man could clean a whole damn house by himself! there's no way he won't feel proud about that everyday.

i was just in my room changing to my sleeping attire before there was a knock at the door. i quickly pulled my pants and opened it.
"oi." my dad whispered letting himself in and close the door behind him.
"what is it?" i asked sitting down on my bed.
"i just wanted to talk to you about something." he fidgeted with his fingers while pacing around the bedroom.
"sure." i gave him a boxy smile as i watched him to continue his pacing almost making a hole on the floor. "is it bad?" he shook his head.
"it's about  that camelo boy." he stopped and looked at me to see my reaction.
"his name's camilo actually." i said calmly.
"right right." dad took a deep breath before he continued.
"what about him?" i tilted my head.

"i don't think you should hang out with him." my dad spat out rubbing his arm.
"why?" i frowned.
"you saw how señora alma acted towards you! she was even glaring at me inside that jungle room!" he said rubbing the back of his neck.
i suppose he was right, if she wanted to trust us then we would have just to let her accept her slowly over time. yes she was being a bit rude but maybe it was just her defense mechanism? i've met many old ladies with the same thing, i just had to give them time in order for them to like me or at least respect me a bit.

"ok." i smiled, my dad frowned.
"you're...not upset?" he looked at me up and down.
"nope," he looked disgusted "if she's not comfortable with me i'll just wait until she does." i shrugged.
"you definitely got your mom's optimism." he shook his head with a chuckle.

i was a bit sad for not being able to see camilo, but we could talk about anything once señora alma was comfortable with my family around.
then suddenly someone knocked on my window doors when i was about to lay down, quietly i walked over and peeked through a little gap of the door.
"mirabel?" i whispered while opening one of the doors.
"hey..." she waved with a nervous smile, i just stared down at her "so...you remember what happened tonight with casita right?" she moved her hands around while she tried to explain her situation. i nodded.
"well don't be mad but when camilo was ranting about you after the ceremony he kind of told me not to tell you that he told me about your gift." she spoke out a bit too quickly almost frying up my brain. i thought for a bit processing it and sighed.
"did he...tell you everything i told him?" she frowned whilst thinking and shook her head.
"he told me that might've not feel comfortable with him oversharing." she shrugged.

"is that all?" i hugged myself feeling a bit anxious.
"well since you have a gift of moving  things with your brain," she said pointing at my forehead. "i thought you could help me find out what's wrong with the magic?" she gave me jazz hands while awkwardly waiting for my response.
"doesn't your abuela feel uncomfortable with me?" i asked and her eyes instantly widened.
"right forgot about that..." she trailed off trying to think of a plan. she snapped her fingers.
"you could come with me in the morning! abuela will be away trying to plan out miss perfecta's wedding." she said mimicking isabela and her perfect hair.

"as long nobody gets mad at us." i warned, she nodded as if we were going to get called out.
"yeah yeah sure! she giggled nervously "does it mean you're on?" i nodded and she fisted the air with a quiet 'yes'.
"see you tomorrow then!" she grinned and waved me goodbye, i nodded my head at her.
i sighed, turns out i'll start sneaking around the madrigal's home without señora alma's permission, my kid self would've loved this.

i took a deep breath as i kept looking at myself in the bathroom mirror.
"you can do this." i repetitively whispered to myself before going to open the front door.
"onde tu vai menina?" dad asked from the kitchen.
"outside." i shouted.
"é um domingo!" he protested, he was sort of right i never leave the house on sunday mornings.
"i just  need to do something!" dad stayed silent for a bit before letting me go. i rushed out of the house and immediately saw mirabel leaning her back against a tree close to the house.
"vamos!" she whispered and grabbed my arm, dragging me with her inside the house quietly.

we walked around and passed by some doors and passed by dolores's and camilo's (idk the order so let's pretend they're next to eachother)
"mirabel?" and soon enough someone spoke behind us once we were about to go up the tower.
"hola camilo..." mirabel gave him a nervous grin, he frowned and looked at the two of us.
"what is maria doing here?" he pointed at me.
"wow i thought you liked her?" mirabel teased with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow.
"wha-no." he protested with a flushed face, i just stood there with a boxy smile trying not to interrupt.
"yeah yeah ask dolores and she'll tell you what you dream about." mirabel smirked.
"callate!" he hissed at her and she just laughed at the embarrassed boy.

"so?" i spoke quietly getting both of their attention.
"right!" mirabel remembered while camilo cleared his throat.
"what are you guys up to?" camilo raised his eyebrow at mirabel knowing i wasn't the one who made the plan.
"none of your business loverboy." mirabel glared at him.
"we just need to check up on something sorry." i whispered in his ear, camilo thought for a bit before nodding his head.
"fine," he sighed "i'll have your seconds tho." camilo smirked at mirabel.
"one week." she said and they shook hands.

"damn i never thought of my cousin having a girlfriend would be so useful." mirabel winked at me, i frowned at the girl and she sighed with a boxy smile.

---------------------------