13

"ok so," camilo started "i've been living in this place for years and i never saw all of these flowers here." camilo stated "so where did they come from?" he finally asked.
"well," i took a deep breath "my brother has a fascination with flowers," camilo stood silent as he listened "you could say he's in love with them." we chuckled "so when we came here he started to plant flowers here on this meadow whenever he felt bad emotions." camilo let out a small gasp.
"like um...anger?" he asked innocently, i nodded.
"and even tho he had all of these flowers planted here to show his darkest emotions he wanted to plant a flower that would make him remember happy memories." camilo looked over at the cornflower.
"so that's why that one is so far away from the others, and is also covered with rocks." he examined.

"he planted this cornflower not long ago, maybe in a month or two, he planted it once he fell in love with someone, so this flower is very important to him." i said gazing down at the blue soft cornflower being moved by the soft night wind.
"do you also plant flowers here?" camilo asked also gazing at the flower.
"no." i answered.
"what about when you fall in love?" said camilo a bit too excited with the cornflower concept.
"maybe one day." i shrugged before leaning my head onto camilo's shoulder as we laid on the grass.

"you haven't fallen in love yet?" camilo asked with his excitement long gone.
"what's wrong?" i looked over at him.
"nothing." he shrugged it off "continuing, why did he plant a cornflower and not a daisy or a rose?" said camilo.
"well he told me that since our family's crest has a cornflower he thought that maybe he could plant it to show off his first love." i chuckled.

"makes sense." camilo nodded.
"what about your family?" i asked looking over at him.
"oh we just get a bunch of kids." he joked.
i laughed for a bit "really? that's how you show your first love?" camilo laughed.
"i mean that's why older siblings exist!" we then began to laugh like maniacs.

"i feel so sorry with dolores." camilo bursted into laughter once i said it.
"oh yeah she was traumatised alright!" we then broke into laughter again.
we breathed out with content before falling into comfortable silence.
"thank you camilo," i confessed getting this attention.
"wow that's the second time already:" he joked.
"well that's because you make me feel good." i confessed again.
"my mom told my dad the same thing." we giggled.

"but seriously you don't have to thank me with that." camilo laid on his side letting me place my head down.
"that's what friends do." he said laying on his stomach while gazing down at me.
"well i'm glad we're friends." i smiled and he smiled back.
"well," he sighed getting up on his feet "we shouldn't stay out too much, mi mama might kill me." he joked helping me up.

"i guess you're right." i shrugged and we began to walk back to my house.
"here we are bonita." camilo crossed his arms with a smirk.
"gracias señor." i smirked back and we laughed for a bit.
i sighed hoping nothing bad awaited me the next day.
"hey," camilo placed his hand on  my shoulder "if you still feel sad i could always give you a kiss." he raised his eyebrow while rubbing his chin with his thumb trying to look like mariano whenever he flirted.
we giggled a bit more before i continued to speak "i think i'm good." i joked and then he put his hand on my head.

"stay safe bonita." he winked before walking away back to his place but he waved a goodbye stopping on his tracks, i waved back getting a grin and some finger guns from camilo before he walked off.
i let out a content sigh feeling a random urge to scream out my happiness. wasn't sure what it was but i hoped me and camilo could hang out like this again, it just felt so good having someone to talk to and joke with.

suddenly the door behind me flew open.
"oh you're back." it was miguel, i turned to face him.
"yeah, i'm feeling a lot better now." i nodded.
"i guess talking to your boyfriend did the trick." miguel smirked.
"shut up." i joked.

"how's dad?" i asked walking inside the house with miguel closing the door.
"well he's feeling a lot of strong emotions from everyone in the village and he's handling it pretty well." i shrugged.
"let's just hope he stays that way." i sighed.
"what made you get so anxious?" miguel asked pouring me a cup of water before he sat on the corner of the counter top.
"let's just say it had something to do with the madrigals." i  sighed while he just hummed in response.
"the wedding proposal?" he raised an eyebrow.
"sort of like that." i shrugged.

"why did you tell him about the field?" i asked.
"well i just wanted you feel better." he shrugged.
"wow i didn't know you were so sentimental!" i teased.
miguel scoffed and hit me in the head "hey!" i hissed.
"but you're better now right." miguel asked with a worried smile.
"yeah," i nodded "obrigada feioso." i smiled and then he scoffed at me.
"denada vagabunda." said miguel before walking up to his room.

i then decided to go to my room as well, i laid down on my bed staring up at the ceiling feeling rather happy.
i sighed in content remembering the nice words he had told me, he was raised very well. i would love to know señora pepa's way of teaching on miguel, he could've been nice as camilo and maybe less rude as well.

but there was something bothering me tho, it was the way he made me feel that bothered me. i didn't want to kiss him but i also didn't hate the thought of us kissing one day, as if my head couldn't decide for itself. it was quite confusing but all i knew was that  i liked camilo but i didn't want anything from him i think. perhaps a few hugs and hand holding would do.
"what the heck am i thinking?!" i whispered to myself burying my face on my pillow.

------------------------------------------