Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Le Duex

I'm still clutching the letter when Willow walks in with no traces of breakfast in her hair. She's changed her clothes too. Now she's wearing a light blue top with Young Wild And Free written on it with black letters and black shorts.

"Hey Jay's bring me to go to Elmtree. What to come... There gettin a newbie today... Hey Scarlett are you alright?"

"Yeah, fine" I say scrunching the letter into a ball and firing it into the bin near my desk.

"You sure? Your really pale and look like you've seen a ghost"

"Yeah I'm fine... Just I was..." I try thinking up a distraction. "Thinking about Frank... He wants to go back out again but I said no" it was a simple lie.

Hopefully she won't say anything about it to Frank.

"Oh... Do you not want to go then?"

"No, I'll go, your going to want to be with Liam, Tee can finish teaching me how to knit properly" I joke but really don't feel up to making any.

She smiles but even I can tell its false.

"Just try and remember to knit me a hole for my head"

I smile weakily at the memory of Willow trying on the jumper I knitted her. It would have been fine but I forgot the hole for her head to go threw. We both walk down the stairs to where Jay is standing with the keys in his hands.

"Milly not coming with us?"

"No... She wants to stay home and study... My little brain box" he says smiling proudly.

"No!" I say in alarm.

What if Da came and took her when were gone? It'd be all my fault.

They both look at me with concern and shock.

"I mean.. Shouldn't she come and meet the newbie... Eh make a new friend?"

Willow and Jay both give each other a look. A look I like to call the Carroll look because whenever there trying to understand something or figure something out or even give out to someone they give a certain look.

"Yeah... Hey Mills come with us... It'll be fun"

"I've exams"

"Ahh come on Mills..." I plea.

We hear her sighing in the den.

"Alright"

She comes out of the den and follows us out to the car. I look around at the trees and bushes, stupidly thinking he could be behind one. I used to feel so safe here now I'm wondering when I'll ever be safe again.