Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 19 - The End Of The Line.

I pull out my phone and text Cary.

To: Cary :L

Marcus been kidnapped. Stop where you are and tell me where you are.

Two minutes later I get a message from Cary.

From: Cary :L

Meet me at the entrance. We'll go in together and make up a new plan.

To: Cary :L

Be there in a few minutes.

I quickly but silently make my way down the hallway again and through the doors until I make it out of the entrance.

Cary's already waiting there for me.

"What do we do?" He asks his small frame shaking.

"Cary, we of all people shouldn't be scared. We have to go in and break them out. I have a plan.."

Cary looks threw the keyhole.

"I'm going to go distract him now" he whispers and goes down the hallway again.

I sit and wait for Cary to distract my dad so I can free Willow and Marcus.

Its twenty minutes later when Cary's head pops up from behind some creates. While my Da's turned he runs towards a door, runs threw It and slams it shut. My Da falls into out trap and runs after him. As soon as he leaves I open the door and run to Willow and Marcus.

I untie them quickly with my knife as it slices through the rope.

"Nice plan Scarlett" Marcus says.

I hug Willow crying.

"I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry"

"Its okay" she replies croaking. "You saved me did you?"

"Not yet.. We need you to go outside. Cary should be there. He'll take you to the police station where Rick and Liam are..."

She starts crying and shaking her head.

"I can't leave you.."

"Yes you can Willow! You have too! You'll be safe Willow! Cary'll meet you outside and take you to the police station. I'll be out in a minute. We'll go home and go back to school together and we'll go back to finish our rooms.."

"I don't think so"

We all look at him standing in the doorway, holding a struggling Cary.

"Put him down!" I scream.

"Not until you drop your weapons"

"Willow, Marcus get out of here"

Willow bolts for the door but lingers behind. She stands agaisnt the door frame. Unsure of what to do.

"Willow go!"

She ignores me and stares at Cary.

I look to Marcus. He looks at me.

"Let me guess he has your gun?"

Marcus nods and turns back to my Da.

"Come on Mr O'Connor just put down Cary and we can talk about this"

"Why did you do it Scarlett? Why did you bring your friends?! I told you not to! You went behind my back"

My grib on the knife is stronger. My knuckles turn white.

"Just let Cary go!"

Da drops him to the ground. He kicks Cary in the stomach so hard that he goes flying across the room and slamming into the wall behind us.