Chapter Eight

Chapter 8 Scava.

Cary Pov:

"Thanks for teaching Milly those beats today Cary. Will you come back next saturday and do it again?" Jay asks me as he drives me back to Elmtree.

"Sure... Uh Jason, did you notice how stressed Scarlett was today?"

"She was stressed? I didn't notice"

"She was, she didn't tell me when I went up to her room and ask"

Jason nods, his eyes to the road.

"I'll ask her about it later"

"When she didn't tell me I kinda found a letter from her Dad"

"You were snopping?"

"Only because I was worried"

"Okay so what about the letter? What has it to do with Scarlett being worried?"

"Well it was from her dad. It said for her to meet up with him. He didn't sound like a very nice person"

"No.. He isn't"

"She's planning something"

"On what? Going to see him?"

"Maybe"

"Cary, I know your Dad worked with people like Scarlett and you properly feel like you already know Scarlett but I know she wouldn't be so stupid and plan and doing something like that"

I nod in agreement. He knew her better than I did. Jason parks outside Elmtree. Mike walks out with a smile on his face.

"I'll pick you up on saturday and don't worry too much about Scarlett, I'll handle it"

I jump out of the car and hold the car door.

"Alright and thanks"

Jason smiles. I shut the door and walk into Elmtree, avoiding Mikes smile and ignoring his questions.

Jason Pov:

Sighing I look down at the phone number in my hand.

"Annie Danvers. Socail worker."

Annie is Scarlett's socail worker. She has to know what Cary told me. She said that Nathan wasn't allowed to connact Scarlett and that I should call the police if he did. I type in the numbers on the card onto my phone. The phone rings.

"Hello?" It asks as it comes to life.

"Annie.. Its Jason Carroll.."

"Yes, Scarlett's foster family.. Hi how are you? Is there any problems?"

"Yes, I'm fine and you? No there's not really a problem"

"Then why are you calling me?"

"I was told by one of Scarlett's friends that Scarlett got a letter from her father"

"Have you seen the letter? Have you called the police?"

"No and no. I thought I would ring you first"

"Well, I'll come over tomorrow morning and we can see this letter and discuse what we should do"

"Alright, thanks Ms Danvers"

"Good bye Mr Carroll"

The phone goes dead. I can't help the feeling that I made a bad choice.