Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12. Undead.

"Get better soon Scarlett" Everyone says before leaving to go to the Celli.

I just nod and lay back down on my bed.

"Scarlett, do you need anything?"

"Just ta be left alone for awhile"

"Alright so. Just call If you need anything"

I just nod gently and try pretend to sleep. Aoibhinn leaves. She's closed the door after her. Perfect. I sigh and try to wait for the right moment where I can slip out and meet up with Cary and Rick. Listening hard I barely hear Aoibhinn go down the hallway and into a room. I hear her close a door. Then nothing. I quickly but quietly make my way to the warbrobe. I open the door slowly, careful not to let anyone know I'm out of bed. It should be just Aoibhinn in the house. I grab my school bag and pull out all my school things. I remember my list of servival equipment.

1. Money.

I've got five pounds. That might get me a bus ticket or food if I need it but I won't be able to really go into a shop without someone recognising me. Who knows how long I could be gone.

2. Food.

I've got three bottles of coke, a big bag of Tayto crisps, two bags of carrot sticks and an apple on my shelf from when I last went to the shop before I came here. I didn't think I'd ever use it on a rescue misson. I'll have to get more packet food too. I don't know what way this'll turn out. I might be away for days.

3. One spare change of clothes and a spare hoodie.

Just incase.

4. Map.

Luckly in my school diary I was given there's a map of england and all its cities on the first couple of pages.

5. Spare phone and phone charger.

I'd had my spare phone charging since I got in, even though it was already on full battery, I don't know when I'll get to charge it next. I won't bring my other phone because the police might track it. I even have the spare sim in my spare phone. I zip up my bag. The rest of the stuff I need is in the kitchen. I open the door to the warbrobe and open the bedroom door just a creak and listen. The faded sound of a tv behind a door is on, their's faded laughter too. I close the door and go back into the warbrobe. I change into warm clothes, my woolie red hat and a warm hoodie. Its meant to get real cold tonight and tomorrow night. I pull my bag on my back and carry my shoes. There not the best for trying to sneak down this hallway. I slowly open the door and listen hard. The tv's still on. I listen hard. She might have moved into the kitchen.

"Aaachoo!"

I cover my heart to stop it from popping out of my chest. Aoibhinn's sneeze scared me bad. She's still in the sitting room. Great. Silently I creep down the hallway and listen to the kitchen. Just incase her husband came home early. There's no noise from the kitchen. I creep in soundlessly. After many a time doing the same thing in all my other care homes I'm glad I didn't forget it. Hopefully this will be my last time doing this. I open the fridge slowly and check the containment's. I slowly put down my bag and slowly unzip it. I take out five bottles of water. I go to the cupboards and take out a packet of biscutes and crackers.

6. Medical Equipment.

I open the medicine drawer and only take the first aid kit and some panadol. All the times I could have used this. All the times I left without having number six on my list. I didn't need it but still and this was my dad we were going to. I could get killed. Or worse.. Somebody else could.

Now the worst bit.

7. A weapon.

I slowly open the slide out cupboard which held all the knifes, chopping boards, rolling pins and cookie cutters. I take out the two sharpest ones and wrap them tight in my hoodie. I'll properly have to sleep on my bag like all the last times I ran off. Sleeping in the streets was what I always had to do. Zipping up my bag again slowly I make my way to the backdoor. There's suddenly a car door slaming. Oh shit. I quickly scramble underneath the table, steading my frightened breath. If I'm caught I'm done in. I'll be screwed and Willow won't get saved. Cary and Rick need my help. The backdoor opens and Aoibhinn's husband walks in. He's whistling happily. He looks tired from his day trying to book tickets for us to go on a trip next week. I might not be here to go on it. He goes to the fridge, pulls out a yogurt and closes the door. He opens another slide out cupboard and takes out a spoon. He puts the wrapper in the bin and walks out. He opens a door.

"Hello love, I've got the tickets"

"Oh wonderful John, come watch Eastenders with me, You've got to see what kind of pickle Kat Moon's gotten herself into"

The door closes. I quickly but silently make my way to the backdoor and nearly start laughing. John left the door open a creek. The door doesn't make any nosie as I open it. Its already dark as I leave. I check the time on my spare phone. Half eight. I've got half an hour to get away before the girls come back. I run around the side of the house, put up my hood and slip on my coverses and tie them tight before running down the road. Cary and Rick should be by the bus station by now. They got the bus here, bless. I keep running until I'm at the gate. The bus station is behind the field behind the gate. It would take me shorter time to go up the road but I carnt risk being seen. I climb the gate and keep running. This field's long enough. About 6 miles. That's when I hear it. The gate moving. I stop and listen. I hear a hiss and then I see a light from a torch. Someone's following me. Ahh shite! No! Just when I'm almost there I'm caught! I nearly growl. The person's coming closer to me. I can only make out a hooded figure. The hooded figure see's me.

"Scarlett" he calls my name.

"Aah no.." I moan under my breath.

Out of all the times he shows up now.