ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴠɪɴɢ

N had always been a kind fellow.

During his time before he met Uzi, he had always tried to be the optimist in his team. Whenever he was out scouting, he would always alert V were the biggest groups of Rouge Workers were found so she can keep her kill count high. He would always give her extra oil when he had the chance and taste tested it first to be sure she liked it. He was always polite to J even when she yelled at him and called him names, when she stole his kills or was just mean to him for any number of reasons.

Now that kindness extended to Uzi who he considered his best friend, and he made a note to himself not to hurt any more worker drones and for a while this worked.

Until N was feeling a bit dizzy, and his body ran hot. It has only been five days since he stopped drinking oil, giving it all to V though he still had to ration it daily.

He wouldn't feel so bad about getting oil if Uzi's colony wasn't the only one close by. Though he could leave Uzi wanted to finish working on the pod and he knew it was important to her, so his hands were tied. Of course, he also had questions since he received that strange message his head has been hurting nonstop.

N was still hoping he could find a solution. He tried to find the reserves J had had forced the two to make. V had no clue where they were causing once the two finished collecting the workers J flew far to hide them. Even though V told him where her reserves had surprisingly been in that human's apartment adjacent to the one where he had found that mattress. She managed to block out the smell by spraying lots of cleaning products on the door. Sadly, when he went in, he found the only impressive thing about the reserve was how well V hid it under his nose. There were barely more drones than he'd managed to save himself, having to ration even the extra drones as well.

Thus, what lead to tonight's event as N clawed through the spire in the desperate hopes of finding extra oil. At times like these he wished he was a dismantler drones because he has piles of corpses lying around enough to last him years if he was a dismantler drone.

Fortunately, some of the husks did, which was a welcome. Those he carefully stacked near the landing pod so they wouldn't get mixed in with the other husks of drones he was throwing around haphazardly.

He was so busy he didn't even notice Uzi had come to check on him.

"You know we can scavenge stuff from the human's apartments if you want to redecorate."

N tensed up, in the middle of checking a drone head for oil. Glancing up for a minute at how bright it was outside; you could tell the moon must have been quite high in the sky.

'Biscuits! I thought I'd be done before she woke up.' He did his best to relax, to not focus on the incredible sound of oil coursing through her body, how sweet it would taste if he just took one bite. To quickly dismiss these thoughts N tossed the head behind him an involuntary reflex. "Oh, morning Uzi." It was amazing how he was able to keep his voice level. "I uh, didn't hear you get up."

"Can't say I'm not surprised. I can hear the racket from upstairs." She kicked a torso to the side, wincing a bit. Feelings of guilt rushed in, but N didn't let them sink in.

"I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to..." Yeah, he couldn't really come up with an explanation. He should have thought of one beforehand. "So!" He clapped, to distract her from this awkward situation. "So, what do you have planned for today?".

"Hmm." Her eyes narrowed in suspicion, but she turned towards the pod anyways. "The whole system is a mess probably from outdated wiring, so I'll need your help to remove some more panels and get it done."

"No problem!" That would be easy and quick, and he'd be able to get back to sorting. They wouldn't have to spend that much time together.

——