Chapter 14

TORI'S POINT OF VIEW

So much has happened today, I never thought I could be this happy only a few days after the whole incident with Sam. I'm trying to do better this time, being more honest about my feelings and laying out my expectations. Adam was an unexpected surprise in my redundant life. A ray of sunshine in a parade of rainy days.

During the afternoon break, I showed the strawberry jars to my classmates. Three of them bought one jar each. Adam went out to buy sandwiches. When he returned I proudly told him that I've sold three jars already.

"I'm impressed. New challenge, for every jar you are unable to sell today you'll have to give me a kiss later." He smiled and winked.

I snort. "Wow, I'm starting to see your true colors today. You are opportunistic and cocky, very cocky"

We ate the sandwiches and went back to baking. By the end of class, there were only two jars left. We stayed in Willowdale for a bit longer walking in the town park and checking out the local street food.

The bus ride was far from quiet as we teased each other, laughed and talked about anything that came to mind. Adam was also very clingy and kept trying to hold my hand which was cute. We were like two teenagers consumed by puppy love. No troubles, no responsibilities, no fears, just us and it was perfect.

It was early evening by the time we reached the apartment and the exhaustion began to sink in. I kept yawning as we walked home together. Adam carried the paperbag and held my hand.

By the time we reached my apartment door, Adam handed me the paperbag.

"Those last two jars are for you. Get some rest now. I'll see you tomorrow." He said lovingly.

He kissed me lightly before heading towards the direction of his apartment.

I place the jars on the table and sit on the couch for a while gathering my thoughts. The day went by so quickly and I can't help but smile when I think about Adam.

The next couple of days revolved around working at the coffee shop and spending afternoon to evenings with Adam. We'd watch movies or just talk.

Other times, he'd discuss updates about the farm sales. The consignment strategy worked and sales have improved a bit. Now he wants to focus on enhancing the brand to make it even more marketable. I try to give my inputs although they're mostly just opinions on designs I like better. I've only had two years in college and I was a communications major. I have little background on graphic design and advertising.

I am glad that Adam listened to me when I told him that I wanted to take it slow. He didn't pressure me and our relationship evolved naturally. We'd hold hands and hug. At night we'd be kissing and cuddling. I felt safe around him. All was well and quiet for a while.

On Thursday afternoon, I had an unexpected visitor at the coffee shop. I haven't seen him for several days but I can easily recognize him just by looking at his back and the jacket he wore.

I suddenly felt my heart pounding in my chest, not the kind you'd feel when you see your lover but the kind you get when anxiety kicks in. You don't just forget the man you love for two years after a week. Although I have to admit, he's barely crossed my mind over the last few days. I smile to myself. My mind immediately goes to Adam and all the things that make me like him more each day.

I daydreamed for a bit until his voice snapped me back to reality. "Tori, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while". He said the words in a slow and guarded manner like he was talking to someone he barely knew.