Chapter 27

ADAM'S POINT OF VIEW

My entire body hurt from the amount of hits I took from Sam. But none of the pain compared to the fear I felt when I saw Victoria suddenly fall unconscious as she hugged me. She stopped sobbing and closed her eyes. Sam was forcefully pulling her by the shoulders when it happened.

He hurt her! I want to kill him at this point, consequences be damned! But I need to know that Victoria's okay.

"Victoria? Victoria! Wake up!" I called her but she neither moved nor opened her eyes. Sam was able to easily pull her limp body away from me. Noticing that she was unconscious, he panicked as well.

I tried to get up and prepare to carry Victoria when Sam pushed me backwards. Trevor once again pointed his gun at me to keep me at bay.

A scream tore through the scene. I looked up and it was Cassidy. She freaked out upon seeing the scene before her. James and Nick beside her were also surprised by what they saw.

"Please help Victoria" I pleaded with them. They quickly hurried towards Victoria, calling her name. James immediately lifted her up saying that she needs to be taken to the hospital. Sam tried to block him but Nick pushed him aside. Nick began to walk towards me to help me up.

Trevor yelled to get everyone's attention still with a gun in his hand. "You can take Victoria, but Adam needs to be taken in custody."

"What the f**k Trevor! It's obvious that this is Sam's doing! And you're an accomplice, you dirty cop!" Cassidy screamed in anger.

Nick stood in front of Cassidy protecting her from Trevor's gun. "You're not gonna get away with this! Especially you Sam, Trevor won't be able to protect you! We know you've been harassing and stalking Victoria for days now! There are a lot of us who can vouch for it."

Trevor tensed and lowered his gun upon hearing Nick. Suddenly, Sam walked towards Trevor and grabbed his gun. Trevor was caught off guard, also surprised by Sam's rash actions.

Sam pointed the gun at me. He was fuming with rage. "I'm going to end this nonsense once and for all. Die you piece of shit!" As soon as he said it, I heard a gunshot. Too stunned to check where I was hit, I waited for the pain to kick in. Even at that moment all I could think about was Victoria. I imagined her beautiful smile, her unconditional love and kindness towards me.

In a matter of seconds, I snap back to reality. There was no pain and no blood. Trevor lunged at Sam and pointed the gun upwards as the trigger was released. He had no choice but to arrest Sam for taking his gun and trying to shoot me. It seemed that Sam's temper got the better of him and their plan backfired on them.

Trevor placed handcuffs on Sam. Sam was furious and yelled at Trevor. They began to argue.

"What the hell, Sam! You can't kill him with my gun! This isn't the plan!" Trevor yelled as he struggled to keep a hold on Sam who thrashed violently while in handcuffs.

Cassidy was quick to call the cops to the scene. Nick and Cassidy stayed at the front of the bar to ensure that they are able to report Sam and Trevor for what they did. They had to make sure Trevor did not twist the story especially since he was also a cop.

James and I took Victoria to the nearest hospital. I barely felt the pain on my face and body as my mind was preoccupied with Victoria. At the hospital, my wounds and bruises were treated promptly. They admitted Victoria for observation but based on assessment she had no serious injuries. The shock and stress from the event caused her to lose consciousness. She was expected to regain consciousness soon. I sat beside her hospital bed and held her hand.

After a few minutes, James called my attention and told me that I had to go to the police station to make a statement. Nick and Cassidy were waiting for me there as well. James was left to care for Victoria as I reluctantly left her side.

At the police station, Sam and Trevor tried to frame me for everything that happened. They kept mentioning my previous records at River City. Nick and Cassidy backed up my statements and refuted Sam's claims.

"You need to come to your senses and stop siding with this asshole! We need to protect Tori from him!" Sam yelled at Cassidy and Nick while gesturing towards me.

"Victoria's in the hospital still unconscious because of what you did. Yet here you are insisting that she needs protection from me?" I snapped at him clenching my fist trying my best to hold back my urge to start beating the shit out of him.

"She only got hurt because she kept resisting me. You brainwashed her. You took advantage of her kindness and innocence! I'll kill you for this!" He answered.

There it was the threat that came from his mouth. Heard loud and clear in the police station. He said a lot of other bullshit after that but it was clear that he was at fault. Cassidy, Nick and I were allowed to leave the police station shortly after.

I rushed back to the hospital and saw Victoria drinking a bottle of water and talking to James. She was sobbing and frowning while listening to him talk. I ran towards them and called out to her.

James immediately nodded towards me and gestured that he will be leaving us. I thanked him and proceeded to walk beside Victoria's bed. I hugged her with all my might feeling all the fear drain out of my system. She was safe. We were both safe.

She cried into my chest, hugging me tightly as well.

"I was so scared that Trevor was going to shoot you or that they would frame you once you were at the police station." She cried.

"Don't worry. It's over now. Cassidy and Nick gave statements as well. They went to great lengths to make sure Sam and Trevor would pay for what they did." I reassured her, wiping away her tears.

We looked at each other immersed in the love between us. Immersed in the love of true friends who came to our aid in a time of difficulty and need.