Chapter 15

ADAM'S POINT OF VIEW

Once we reached the second floor, Victoria tried to open her door. She could barely fit the key into the doorknob as her hands shook. The whole incident really scared her. My chest hurts knowing that I'm the reason she's so stressed right now. Now, I want to beat myself up for getting carried away.

I hold her hand to steady it, allowing her to unlock the door. As she opened the door, she turned towards me. "I have some ice and a first aid kit. Would you please come inside?" Her voice was still shaking but she wasn't crying anymore.

We sat on her couch and she lightly placed ice on my face. I touched her face as well.

"Victoria, I am so sorry that you almost got hurt because of me. My anger got the better of me."

I've gotten into plenty of fights before but this was one fight I actually regret. Not because I lost or felt that I did not hit him enough but because it only hurt Victoria. She was not physically harmed but the stress and trauma is very apparent on her face. I felt like an asshole. The darkness of my past had begun to creep into my new life. I am starting to fear that the darkness would hurt my precious new source of light. My beloved Victoria does not deserve any of it.

She looked at me tenderly. "No, it's not your fault. I'm sorry that you got involved with my trouble with Sam. I was so scared when you started fighting. I couldn't bear to see either of you get hurt."

I caressed her face and kissed her forehead. "Victoria, I was really scared earlier seeing you almost get hurt. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to you. I am really going to try to be a better person, the kind that deserves you."

She frowned slightly trying to comprehend what I just said. "What do you mean a better person? I think you are already a good person. The only reason you got into that fight was because you tried to protect me."

Although the reason I shoved him was to get Victoria away from him, I should have stopped there. I hit him and that's what riled him up to want to fight even more. If the fight did not end quickly the way it did, who knows what I could have done to that asshole.

My precious light, there is so much about me I wish could share. I wonder if your feelings would change if you knew about my past. If you found out that I'm not the good person you think I am, would you leave me? I silently observed her face as she treated my injuries.

After applying ice compress over my bruise, Victoria also applied some medications on the small cut on the side of my lip. She looked at my face with so much worry and concern. It made me happy to see someone care about me so much. It also made me regret making her worry.

We spent the night in her apartment. She rested her head on my chest and I held her tightly. This was the first time we slept on the same bed. We spent the night watching a random movie and eating fast food. We didn't talk about the incident with Sam anymore. She fell asleep a few minutes before the end of the movie. I watched her face as she slept. Being near her brought a calmness to my soul that I couldn't explain.

The next day, I woke up a bit earlier. I slowly moved Victoria so I could get out of bed without waking her up. I cooked some breakfast for the two of us. I kept it simple with eggs, ham, toast and coffee. As I prepared our food, I imagined how nice it would be if we just lived together like this.

I never thought I would ever consider moving in with someone let alone a girl whom I've only known for a few weeks. Moving in together would definitely be moving too fast. I couldn't help it. Everyday I spend time with her I grow to love her even more.

Just as I finished preparing, I heard her moving in bed. Her apartment unit was a bit smaller than mine and it was a studio type. A wooden divider separated the bedroom from the rest of the living space. I walked towards the bed with an apron on the waist and a spatula on hand. No better way to show myself as husband material than this. Oh God, I am getting tackier by the day.

"Good morning, beautiful! Breakfast is ready."

She rubbed her eyes and looked at me half asleep. "Adam? You're still here."

Her hair was in a bit of a mess and she could barely keep her eyes open but she was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. If I could wake up everyday next to her I'd be the happiest man. The only thing better than waking up next to her is sleeping next to her. Damn, I wonder how long she intends to take it slow because I am falling fast.

"Yes I'm still here. We slept together last night, don't you remember?" I teased.

She frowned and looked down trying to check if she had any clothes on. She blushed and threw a pillow at me.

"You mean we slept in the same bed after watching a movie. We didn't..." She blushed even more and avoided my gaze. She's so cute.

"Well I only stayed because you put your head on my chest and wrapped your arms around me. I couldn't get away."

She looked surprised and annoyed at what I said and began to get out of bed. She glared at me. I pat her head and kiss her cheek before leading her to the table for breakfast.

Before sitting down, she stopped and turned towards me. She touched my face with a pained expression. "Your bruises are beginning to darken but at least the small cut is dry. I hope it doesn't get infected."

She stepped closer and kissed the bruise. I was in the mood for breakfast but being so close to her is putting me in the mood for something else. I touch the back of her neck and pull it towards mine. I kiss her passionately. I felt my heart race as she stepped even closer towards me.

We get lost in the kiss as it becomes increasingly passionate. We explore each other's mouth and tongue. I moved my hands down from her neck and made my way under her shirt to her chest and started to feel the roundness of her breasts. She let out a soft moan as I touched them. They were so soft, I wanted to rip her top off so I could see them.

Then she nudged me lightly, gesturing to me that we had to stop. She was breathless and her cheeks burning red.

"We both have to go to work in a while. We probably shouldn't um do this right now." She said shyly.

"Yes, I'm sorry I got a little carried away. Let's - wait... you're saying we shouldn't do this now because we have work but does that mean we can do it later when we have more time?" I said in a hopeful and undeniably lustful tone.

She looked at me shyly and nodded. We are taking the next step tonight and I cannot wait. The amount of self control that I've shown for the past week was enough to last me a lifetime. I can't wait to make love to Victoria. Just thinking about it now is making me need a cold shower before work.