Chapter 21: Sunflower

(Artist: Milight)

Chapter 21: Sunflower

Jake sat up on the bed. He broke down crying.

"If you're really sorry. Theirs the doore"

"You don't mean that" the god said angry or maybe he was hesitant? Either way, Jake couldn't tell.

"If you're really sorry for hurting me" Jake was beginning to look ugly in his opinion, according to Jake's own words he was not a pretty cryer.

"You'll leave"

"Jake don't do this" Dionysus tried to say.

"This is temporary"

"I hate you!" Jake spat out the words in pure anger, unadulterated anger.

"No you don't" Dionysus said.

"Yes I fucking do! I loved you. I loved you SO MUCH and this is the thanks I get! RAPED by you!"

"I love you Jake"

"If you loved me you wouldn't of touched me"

"No I do..."

"People who love each other, don't treat each other, the way you have treated me"

"Jake don't do this"

"GET THE FUCK OUT" and after Dionysus cursed Jake, he was gone.

Days passed and Jake finally was at ease. Sure he was still in a bitter curse war with DAREN BLACK occultist scam artist extraordinaire, but he was busy. He had projects. Paintings, masterpieces to create. He was working on a very in depth still life of his bedroom and it was starting to come alive with his paint brush. He ordered another OUJI set. See Jake Caloway at this point in time wore OUJI fashion a prince boys like attire from Japan. He had it all custom made, and shipped here. He didn't look like a girl persae, but certainly there was an air of flamboyancy to his dress, or maybe something more historical? Either way Jake Caloway had long since given up the fingerless gloves and leather jackets of times past. Though one day he knew he would return to it. So far he hadn't.

Jake had been consumed with Smoothies, and different versions via the Smoothie King by his house. Jake Caloway had a tendency to "eat like shit" and because of that combined with his medication none of his clothes fit anymore. Jake Caloway has also lost several permanent teeth. He wasn't doing to hot. Which only made what happened that night and the events that followed virtually unappealing.

Jake collapsed into his bed, after the night that Dionysus gave him he was done. He was just -done-. As Jake lay there motionless his Irish blood came to a milk riled curtle. A ghostly White woman in blue drapes of a dress, came in blasted through the doore. Jake squinted keeping his eyes clothes. She screamed however it was very brief. "A...A BANSHEE!" Jake said. "Am I gona die?" Was the only thought that crossed his mind. "You will not die. I am not screaming for you. I am here mourning for your blood" and then as quickly as the woman came she had left. Jake had been warned that he would be receiving some money, in great sums soon. However he didn't expect it to be an inheritance. He moved on with his week. It was neering December and with no quest, none of the sort, Jake Caloway was tired. The gods were preparing him. But without the quest, which he believed was a lie, the question was what for?

Maika Abend had made his home in Jake's astrally over the past several weeks. Sometimes he would make snarky commentary, but finally after what felt like years, and maybe it was Maika decided to talk to Jake. Spiritually of course. Maika Abend didn't have the guts to do it in person.

"Jake why'd you delete me on skype?"

"Because you left me. You're gone. You wanted to go. So I'm teaching myself to let you go"