26

The musical went on.

 I sang through Alexander's affair, my fake-son's death, my fake-husband's death, and the last song all without looking Percy in the eye.

To be completely fair, neither of us were really looking at one another. Not when I could tell that both of us were positive that we might break character in front of the live audience if we did. 

During the curtain call, my mind was elsewhere. I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that there were hundreds of people applauding be right now, but all I could really focus on was that I had my hand clasped with Percy's as we bowed.

And then the curtain closed.

Chaos.

That pretty much sums it up. 

There were people left and right congratulating up, some were thanking me for jumping in, others were bypassing me and running up to Percy, who was being pushed further and further away from me. Until we were on opposite sides of the stage and all that was left of him was his back as he walked off the stage.

I swallowed. 

It wasn't as if I wasn't alone either, though.

Hazel was next to me, rambling on about how, "even though this was the second time it was still so exhilarating!"

I nodded, "It never goes away."

**

Piper's house. Girl's night. Sleepover. Hazel, Thalia, Piper, and I.

All you really need to know is that Percy hasn't texted me once, and I am going slightly insane.

"Okay, that's it!" Piper said, sounding fed up. She clapped her hands once in my face, making me flinch in surprise.

"Huh?!"

"Oh come on Annabeth!" Thalia rolled her eyes and sat up from her previous laid back position on Piper's bed. "You've been zoned out the entire night, and barely said a word to either of us! What's up?"

Hazel shot me a concerned look, "Yeah, what's wrong?"

I shrugged, "Nothing! I totally fine. Totally."

I didn't even convince myself with that, no wonder they weren't believing me.

Piper raised her eyebrows. "Seriously."

I sighed and sat up too, "Fine. What do you even want to know?"

Hazel groaned, "Ok, we know that you kissed Percy. We know that you also had to go on stage for the second half, which was obviously something you might not have been expecting, and it totally worthy of why you're a bit quieter, but at the same time there's the whole-"

Piper butt in, "-Percy asking us to direct him to where you were during Room Where It Happens, which was actually onstage so we were both confused, but not only did he actually get your attention, but when he climbed back down, he looked flustered, like a bright tomato, and ran to his position for the rest of the song. Happen to know anything Annabeth?"

Thalia made a face, "I'm sorry, what!?"

Hazel quickly explained the situation while giving me time to come up with some sort of answer. All I could do was sit there, a bit shocked at Piper's confrontational abilities, and also at a loss as to what to say. "Ermm, well.."

I paused, "You see, totally hypothetical of course, but Percy may, as I said, hypothetical, he may have kissed me too? But it probably meant nothing because he hasn't even texted me since the whole thing happened, and it's been like," My eyes flicked to the clock on Piper's wall, "two hours. So. Yeah."