29

The rest of the night went by perfectly. We watched Luca while cuddled up under a blanket together, sharing kisses every once in a while. 

Before I knew it, the end credits to Luca was rolling, Percy was definitely hiding his tears (*), and my phone started ringing.

Piper's name flashed across my screen, as did the time. 10:48pm. I made a face, "Piper's probably asking what time I'm going to be back." My voice was recovering nicely throughout the day. It should be better by the day after tomorrow, for my next show.

Percy (not-so-discreetly) wiped his eyes and nodded, "I can walk you home?"

I smiled and nodded, reaching for my phone. I swiped to answer, and Piper's voice came out, "Annabeth?"

"Hey Pipes, you're on speaker."

"Oh wonderful. Hi Percy!"

"Heyyy," Percy said, grinning.

"So I take it you're not mad at me?" Piper said, her voice free of any real concerns. I didn't expect anything else - the two of us could never really stay mad at one another.

"Of course not, I get it," I replied, trying to go for a casual hey, I'm not mad at you for dragging me out of bed in the morning and ditching me because I'm just amazing like that and will always forgive you instead of the actual hey, I'm not mad at you for dragging me out of bed in the morning and ditching me because, because of that, Percy and I kissed properly and everything is AMAZING!

And yet, due to some witchcraft that I am completely unaware of, Piper saw through my lie.

"Annabeth oh my gosh."

In lightning speed, I turned off speaker and slid the phone to my ear, "Piper!" I hissed.

"Oh my god," Piper whispered into the phone, I could hear her voice was slightly higher than usual, and her tone off.

"Are you okay...?" I asked quickly, needing to make sure nothing was seriously wrong.

"Yep. Yep. Tote-ally fine!" She sounded distracted; like she was doing something else whilst talking to me.

That did not sound fine. I took a breath and motioned for Percy to hold on a sec, "Piper, what exactly are you doing?"

Then Percy's phone buzzed from next to him. I watched as he picked it up and scrolled through the three new messages he got. Raising an eyebrow, he turned the screen to me. It read,

Missed message from JASON: Dude I haerd you and Annabeth are finally toegther. Sweet!

Missed message from FRANK: Can't beleive you and Annabeth are finnaly together! So hpapy fro you!

Missed message from LEO: YES PERCY GET IT!!! I'M HAPYP FOR YA MY BROTHER

I stared for a moment. Percy and I met each other's eyes, before bursting into fits of giggles.

"Piper?" I asked, once I managed to control my laughter. "Piper?"

"Yeah?" She responded after a second of silence.

"Did you text everyone?"

"Nope."

I waited, and then...

"That was way too quick of an answer, wasn't it?"

I waited again, and then...

"Wait, why are you asking me that?"

I waited one more time, and then...

"Oh don't tell me Leo texted Percy. I swear that kid-" I hear a muffled noise that sounds suspiciously like someone screaming into a pillow, followed by a long sigh. "Okay, so um, I'm gonna text that little brat, because I specifically told the group chat not to text you two! So-"