Mount Crumpit

Later that same evening, following a series of strange events at the post office, Lou, Cindy, and the Equestrians return to Lou Who's house. Shortly after Lou pulled the car into the driveway, everyone stepped out and each of them lent a hand (Or hoof) in carrying the gifts. As Lou picked up the gifts, he looked toward the house.

"No lights on in the house," He observed. "Your mom must be shopping."

All of a sudden, the lights come on so bright the group nearly went blind. A woman in a striped robe appeared on the roof. This was Betty Lou Who, Lou's wife and Cindy's mother.

"Oh good! I'm so glad you're home!" She called out. "Oh, I can feel it Lou. This is the year when 'every' Who asked, 'Who has the greatest light in all of greater Whoville?'. They're going to cry out Mrs. Betty Lou Who!"

Lou could tell Betty was really in the spirit, judging by the pile of other lights and picked one up.

"Isn't this the chandelier from the Dining room?!" He asked.

"It's all for the cause dear!" Betty responded.

It was then Betty turned toward a group of ponies (And Spike) standing below the house. They all gazed toward her curiously.

"Ooh! Are these new friends of yours Cindy?" Betty asked her daughter.

"Sure are mom!" Cindy nodded.

"It's very lovely to meet you, Mrs. Lou Who!" Twilight called up.

"Oh sweetie, please! Call me Betty."

"My, oh my! You certainly have a lovely house Ms. Betty!" Rarity complimented. "I love what you're doing with your lights. Makes the house quite festive indeed."

Hearing such compliments over her lights was certainly enough high praise for Betty. Of course she tried to act as though it were no big deal at all.

"Why thank you so much dear!" Betty responded. "What brings you all to Whoville?"

"Well, that's the thing honey!" Lou called up. "They are kind of stuck here while they're searching for a missing friend of theirs..."

"Not a friend...!" Rainbow corrected.

"... I offered them to stay with us until they find her," Lou continued. "I hope that'll be alright."

"Of course it is!" Betty nodded. "You're all free to stay as long as you'd like."

"Mighty kind of ya Betty!" Applejack thanked.

"Would you by any chance require some assistance with your lights?" Starlight offered.

"Oh, I do love decorating for the holidays!" Rarity replied. "I'm quite good at this sort of thing."

"And perhaps I can help too!" Fluttershy added.

"Well, I certainly am not one to turn down help," Betty smiled. "Come on up and I'll show you what I need help with. Oh, and Cindy! Can you or your friends be mommy's little helpers and unscrew the bulb from the refrigerator? Somehow I missed that one."

"Okie-dokie-lokie Ms. Betty ma'am!" Pinkie said excitedly. "We'll get that bulb and any other lights you forgot! No bulbs go unnoticed when Pinkie's on the job!"

*DING!*

A light bulb appears over Pinkie's head, which she looks up and takes from out of the air. Cindy and the others looked toward Lou, who merely gestured them to go on. With a shrug, she makes her way inside with the others (Minus Rarity and Fluttershy).

"Your mom certainly seems pretty cool with us staying here," Starlight pointed out.

"She's just focused on winning the Christmas light contest," Cindy replied.