Chapter 15

AU NOTES

Ryujin Maou, another chapter, mind the adult parts, enjoy the work and leave your thoughts.

PS: do you enjoy Rock music? Cause I left a hint in the chapter at how Izuku be able to defeat Shoto. While the Todoroki teen is limiting himself, his ice is plenty powerful on its own. Yet, when the fire comes into the equation it is just like soving a puzzle. Hate or love Endeavor, we have to agree the dude is tenacious.

PSS: would you guys mind if I were to create a P/atreon account? I love writing fanfiction and will do this regardless if I get paid or not, it is a hobby for me. However, sometimes an incetive is good once in a while, besides I could just use the money from the *insert undefined name of group* to comission stuff that all of us want. Like a new art cover for Blood for the Blood God, or lewd stuff to fill in the details of the written work. Do you guys know Seth and the [Merchants' Guild]? Kinda like that, but since I use my profile of a dragon and one of my first less trashy stories is [Welcome to the Dragon's Den (no, I haven't forgotten about it, just felt without inspiration for a while to continue)] I was thinking something along the lines of [Dragon's Den] or [Demon Lord's Treasury]. Give it yours thoughts!

See ya!

[XXX]

Chapter 15: [Crimson Combat Experience : Tournament Arc]

The moment Izuku and his team appeared right in front of him, Todoroki knew he was extremely short of reliable options to deter the vampire. Blasting ice at the air-born team would get his on team caught in the crossfire, possibly disqualifying them from the competition. Right now, Shoto was seeing the world slow to a crawl as Izuku's clawed hand approached him, the aim could not be more obvious. It was exactly as the vampire had said before. He didn't need to hide his intent or try any fancy trick, nobody would be able to stop the green-haired vampire from achieving his wish for victory. It was at this point that Shoto felt something inside him shift. It was instinctual, an act of desperation born out of his desire to not be prey to this predator; it could be called [survival instinct], as nothing else would fit the description better.

As the sharp claws got closer to his forehead, Shoto unconsciously called upon the other side of his quirk. Fire burst from his left side, the crescendo of fiery flames spreading almost like a living being, dedicated to the sole goal of protecting Todoroki. The flames licked the hand of the attacker, making the vampire recoil his limb in sudden pain, the precious seconds giving Todoroki and his team enough time to skid to the side and barely dodge the train that was Team Mineta (Midoriya), said group almost falling to the ground as their shadowy platform was suddenly diminished.

Izuku hissed in pain, yet still managed to hold his team together with his blood tendrils, managing to save them from losing the competition. As they stumbled to try and get their bearing, the vampire did his best to expand his shadow and summon many shadow spikes to dissuade the advance of the other teams that tried to use the moment and capitalize on it. It had the intended effect, the various groups suddenly having to swerve and dodge out of the way of the dark matter weaponry.

"Damnit, I wasn't expecting him to really use it!" Izuku complained to himself, the skin of his arm presenting many first-degree burn bubbles. Nothing too troublesome, since it only affected him. It wasn't even bothering him anymore, as the burns healed quickly enough for it to look like he was merely licked by the flames instead of burnt. That, however, did not stop the vampire from openly frowning at Todoroki and his team. "Not going to use your left side, Todoroki? I hate to break bad news to you, but you suck at promises!" Izuku prickled the barb at the other teen. He wanted to provoke Todoroki, he was just surprised that it took only this much for the teen to break.