Listen To Me: Chapter 8

Chapter 8: (Max p.o.v.)

I haven't seen Gaven in two weeks. I was forced to go back to work by my father, because if I didn't go he would fire me. He never gave me time off...only from midnight until six the next morning. I see why he wanted me to do that though. I wouldn't blame him for wanting me to succeed. Gaven has been pretty busy too. He's supposed to be getting his boot off today and start physical therapy again to regain his strength. I would be working with him on it...helping him get better again.

"Hey, sweetheart, its been a while." Gaven said, walking into the room on crutches.

"Hey," I replied, looking up at him.

I walked over to him and he placed a gentle kiss upon my lips. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Okay, ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yes," He replied, nodding slowly.

I took him downstairs to the training room and set up some equipment. He watched me as I stood on top of the treadmill and adjusted the speed and incline. I took his crutches from him and he climbed onto the treadmill.

"Gaven, I warn you, the next few weeks are going to be terrible." I whispered, looking around the empty gym.

"At least I'm going to have you at my side the whole time." Gaven replied, smiling at me.

I stood on my toes and kissed him lightly on the lips. He started the treadmill and I watched him as he struggled to walk. I chewed on the base of my pen for a moment and sighed heavily.

"What?" He asked me, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Nothing...keep going." I answered.

"Are you coming over later?" Gaven asked me.

I nodded slowly and wrote some things down on his charts, "I'm actually getting off of work at seven today."

"Your father doesn't like me...does he?"

I looked at him for a moment and shook my head, "No...he just doesn't know you yet."

"Does he know what Kyle did to you?"

"Forget about Kyle."

Gaven stopped the treadmill and walked off. He limped over to me and frowned. He placed his hands on my waist and squeezed lightly on my hip bones.

"I will never forget what Kyle did to you." Gaven whispered, looking into my eyes.

"I will."

"Why's that?"

"Because I'm allowing the memory to fade."

He kissed me again and pulled away. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. It was nice to hug him without a big ass boot on his foot.

"Just remember I'm here for you." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled and nodded slowly. I pulled away and he kissed me again, his lips molding with mine.

"Max...may I talk to you for a moment?" Courtney asked, standing in front of us.

I jumped away from Gaven and he rubbed his lips for a moment.

"Dammit, Courtney," I whispered.

"It's kind of important."

I looked at Gaven and nodded slowly. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the exercise room. She pulled me down a hallway and sighed heavily.

"Rumors are going around that your father is transferring you to a hospital in Maine." She whispered.

I shook my head, "He didn't say anything to me about that."