Listen To Me: Chapter 20

Chapter 20: (Gaven p.o.v.)

I sat on the plane with the other soldiers flying out to the base in whatever state we were going to. I didn't care about that right now...I missed Max. I only had one week with her before I had to go...and that week went by way too fast. Saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing I've had to do. I wouldn't see her until our child was born...if I'm even allowed to leave at all. I might have to stay...I'm probably not allowed to go home.

I looked out the window at the fluffy, white clouds below. I sighed lightly and looked at the soldier next to me. He reminded me of Sam a little bit, but he looked like he came fresh out of high school.

"Hi," He grinned.

"Hello," I whispered, turning away from him and looking out the window.

"I'm Scout."

"Gaven."

He nodded slowly and I pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my pictures and found the one of Max and I from a while ago. I smiled Scout peered over my shoulder.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Scout whispered, looking at me carefully.

I nodded slowly, "She's like my fiancé."

"She's very pretty."

"Thank you."

He nodded again and bit his bottom lip gently.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me.

"Nope."

"Scared?"

"Not at all."

"Sad?"

I looked at him and my lips parted, "Yes...I might miss the birth of my son or daughter."

"I'm sorry."

"There's no need to apologize." I chuckled.

He shrugged, "My girlfriend had her baby a while ago."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Isn't that a little young?"

"Not if you're ready." Scout admitted, "I was ready...one hundred percent ready for a family and a child."

"What about a job?"

"I had one...a good one. My uncle is head of the FBI."

"Who's your uncle?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Daniels."

"Wait...so do you know Max Terrance?" I questioned him.

He nodded slowly and I pulled my phone out again. I handed it to him and his eyes widened slightly.

"Yeah...Max Terrance...she has a brother...James. Max is my second or third cousin. I can't believe I didn't recognize her...she looks so grown up." Scout grinned, handing my phone back. "Wow...so you're with Max?"

I smiled at him and nodded, "Yeah, her and I have been together for over a year now."

"So...would I be an uncle then?"

"Yes...kind of."

"That's really cool, if you get a hold of her, tell her I said hello."

"I will."

He smiled and closed his eyes for a moment, slowly falling asleep. I looked at the photo and sighed lightly, leaning back in my seat, falling asleep too.