Listen To Me: Chapter 26

Chapter 26: (Max p.o.v.)

I started home in the darkness, not knowing how close I was or how far I was from home. I just wanted to be with my baby and my boyfriend...home...and happy. I folded my arms over my chest and looked ahead at the town, my town, my home. I forced a smile and walked about a mile down the road and into the city. I walked myself to the hospital and checked myself in...ready for some x-rays to see if I had broken anything after the explosion. I sat on one of the hospital beds, waiting for a doctor when Gaven and Sam ran into my room. Gaven looked at me and smiled, tears rushing down his face. I jumped out of bed and into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I thought you were dead." He sobbed into my shoulder. "I love you so much, Max."

I pulled away and held onto his face with my hands, standing on my toes and kissing him gently on the lips. He pulled away and sighed lightly, hugging me again.

"Where's my baby?" I asked him.

"With your parents."

I nodded slowly, biting my lip as he kept me close. Our hearts were finally beating as one.

***Two Years Later***

I sat on the porch with Courtney, watching the waves on the beach and our husband's playing with our children. It was a pleasant sight, after so much chaos a few years ago. It was nice knowing that there was no insane ex-boyfriend to worry about or the fact that my father hated Gaven, because after he saved me, my father finally accepted him into the family. I grabbed my iced tea and took a small sip, looking at the Florida sunset. Gaven and Sam were working down here now because of a promotion and a job transfer. I was working at a hospital, finally as a first-year resident.

"What are you thinking about?" Courtney questioned me.

I shrugged, "I don't know yet...everything I guess."

She smiled and Gaven walked over with Elizabeth in his arms. He spoils her so much, he never let's her down. I took my baby from him and kissed her cheek, looking into her eyes and smiling. She had her father's eyes. Gaven kissed my forehead and picked Elizabeth up again, walking inside to take her to bed. Courtney looked at Sam and shook her head slowly.

"We are so lucky."

"Agreed." I nodded, watching Sam as he carried Courtney's son over to her.

They both went inside and I sighed lightly, tapping my nails against the armrest. I eyed a notebook sitting on the small table and picked it up, flipping to the first page. I grabbed a pen from my pocket and put the pen on the paper.

'Today was the first day of freedom, the first day at a new life...and the first day of happiness...'

THE END