Listen To Me: Chapter 24

Chapter 24: (Gaven p.o.v.)

I dropped the phone I was holding onto the ground. I told Max not to go in there alone...I told her that I should have gone instead. Kyle has her. He has my fiancé. Sam glared at me and picked up the phone, the line was dead. Sam grabbed onto my shoulders and shook me for a moment.

"Gaven..." Sam whispered, "Gaven, what's wrong?!"

"Call in now. Send men out to find Max and Kyle. He took her, Sam!" I whispered.

Sam nodded and called in the agents. He started barking orders like a mad-man, screaming through the phone. I just hope that Max was alright.

(Max p.o.v.)

"No, please!" I sobbed as he shoved me into a van.

"Quiet!" He snapped, slamming the door shut.

"Gaven will find you!"

He rolled his eyes and climbed into the front of the van, putting his keys into the ignition. Where was he taking me? He is certainly not worried about time. Gaven will save me...I know he will. Kyle pulled out of the parking lot and I scooted to the back of the van. I was sitting in complete darkness, nothing on the walls or the floor, it was me and me alone. I pushed on the doors, trying to get myself out.

"I knew you were crazy, but not this crazy!" I told him, banging on the window that separated our bodies.

"You can learn a lot from me."

I rolled my eyes and exhaled deeply, "What do you want with me? I'll do anything."

"Anything?"

"Yes...just please...let me go." I cried, resting my forehead against the glass.

He bit his lip for a moment, "I don't know, my dear...I need you."

"For what?"

"You and I both know what."

"I really don't..."

He shook his head and pulled into a forest a few miles outside of the city. He parked the car and climbed out, walking over to the back of the van. Kyle swung the doors open and yanked me out, shoving me through the trees and bushes to a small shack.

"What do you want with me?" I asked as he clamped his hand on the back of my neck.

"I want everything." He hissed, pushing me into the shack.

My heart beat rapidly against my chest as he locked the door behind him. The shack smelled of rust and dirt, a smell I would never be able to get used to. There was a small kitchen and a bed in the corner of the room. There were no windows...it was hell. He turned the lights on and shoved me onto the bed. He locked the door and made his way over to me, setting his gun and knife down on the table. He threw my phone at me.

"Call Gaven."

I nodded slowly and dialed his number.

"Tell him that you're alright...that you'll be fine."

I nodded slowly, trying to think of a way of telling Gaven where I was. He's probably at Kyle's apartment right now, asking people in the complex if anyone saw where Kyle took me.

I pressed my phone against my ear, swallowing hard as he picked up.

"Max...where are you?!" He yelled.

Kyle cocked the gun and put it against my head. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead as I waited to answer him.

"I'm fine...I'm okay...don't worry about me." I whispered. "I'll be home soon. Just remember something...the forest isn't as scary during the day."