Listen To Me: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: (Max p.o.v.)

I scooped up his clothes and opened my bedroom window. I tossed them out of the window and onto the grass, where his ass was currently sitting on.

"Come on Max, please let me back in!" My now ex-boyfriend, Kyle, yelled from outside.

He was standing on my front lawn wearing nothing but his Superman briefs. Serves that cheating bastard right. I hope his sorry ass over heats. I slammed the window shut and fixed my black lace underwear. I grabbed his sweatshirts and his shoes and opened the window again. I tossed them outside and they landed on his face. I reached for the diamond ring and necklace that he gave me and threw them on my dresser. Those will be pawned later on today, that's a promise.

"Don't come back!" I screamed at him, "Leave my key at the door and get your sorry ass out of here!"

"Max, please," Kyle begged, "I'm sorry I cheated on you...please forgive me!"

"Maybe in hell, dumbass!" I laughed, slamming the window shut.

I closed the curtains and leaned against the window for a moment. Hot tears streamed down my face and my neck. I pulled my long, brown hair up into a ponytail and wiped my tears away. I always let this happen to me...why do I let this happen to me? I always go for te bad guys, the guys that I know will hurt me...like Kyle and the others. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and dialed my best friend Courtney's number.

"Hey whore, what's up?" Courtney asked me.

"Kyle cheated on me." I answered, sniffling slightly.

She sighed heavily, "How many times is that, seven, eight?"

"Stop!" I yelled at her.

"Oh, shit, Max...I'll be over in five." Courtney whispered.

I hung up and threw my phone at the wall. I managed to pull myself up and grab my jeans from off of the ground. I fixed the straps on my tank top and walked into my bathroom. I wiped my dark make up off from last night and put some fresh eyeliner on. I put some chapstick on my chapped lips and put some deodorant on. I pressed my lips together in a line and sighed heavily. I walked out of my tornado of a room and into my much cleaner kitchen. All of a sudden, the front door swung open.

"Max, get your ass over here." Courtney said, holding her arms out to me.

I walked over to her and she wrapped her arms around me. I pulled away from her and wiped the fresh tears from my eyes. I watched her for a moment as she shoved something against my chest.

"I had a feeling this would happen, so I brought the sexiest cocktail dress I could find in my closet." Courtney whispered, "You and I are going to the club tonight to find you a new man."

I sighed heavily, "Fine, but when I say I want to leave...then I want to leave."

"Okay," Courtney grinned, "I brought you shoes too."

She handed me a pair of black, seven inch stilettos. I arched my eyebrows at her and she pursed her lips together in a line.

"You should get ready. We're going to go a little early to get all of the fresh meat." She winked at me.

I laughed and she grabbed her dress that she brought with her. She walked into my bedroom and I followed shortly behind her. I was still a little pissed off at the Kyle thing. He can go to hell for all I care. He was done with...its time to find someone else that's worth keeping. I pulled my jeans and top off and Courtney tossed me a strapless bra. I thanked her and slipped my dress on. The red cocktail dress clung to me like a second skin, it barely grazed my butt, which was good. I walked into my bathroom and took my ponytail out. I turned the curling iron on and waited for it to heat up. I could hear my phone ringing from the other room, it was probably Kyle. When the curling iron was finally heated up, I curled my hair and applied a little more make up on. My mascara made my brown eyes pop like anime eyes. I smirked at myself and puckered my lips.