Listen To Me: Chapter 2

Chapter 2: (Max p.o.v.)

I woke up early the next morning. Visions of last night flooded through my mind. Gaven was stuck to my mind like glue. I remembered I still had his card, it was lying on my night stand. I don't know when I should call...I was too nervous. In the meantime, I had to head off for work. I slipped out of bed and tugged my messy hair into a ponytail. I sighed heavily and pressed my fingers against my puffy cheeks. I removed my make up from last night and smiled to myself. I put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. A few minutes later, I grabbed my purse and slipped on some tennis shoes. I ran out of my house and to my Honda.

I jumped into my car and pulled out of the parking lot. I drove to my office, or the hospital. I am an intern at Mercy Grace Hospital, I have been for a few weeks now. Courtney works with me too, she is also an intern. My father owns the hospital...kind of...he's the man in charge. He takes control of everything...he's the chief of surgery, a strong man. I'm just the daughter that luckily placed a job at Mercy Grace. I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and drove to the back of the parking lot. I parked the car and leaned back in the seat for a moment, my eyes looking at the bushes in front of me. Today, I didn't want to work. I just wanted to sleep and drink until my hearts content.

"Come on, Max," I urged myself, grabbing my purse off of the seat next to me.

I climbed out of my car with my purse in my hand. My eyes darted around for a moment when I finally reached the door. I pressed my hands against the heavy metal, pushing hard. I walked into the busy hospital, slowly making my way to the locker room. I said hi to a few people before moving to my tiny locker. I pounded on the top of the locker and it opened. I smiled at myself and grabbed my scrubs. Courtney popped down next to me, an apple in her left hand.

"Morning," She greeted me, "Did you call that guy yet?"

"Of course not," I snorted, pulling my shirt and pants off. I slipped my scrubs on and sighed heavily.

"You should call him." She urged me.

I rolled my eyes at her, "My phone is at home."

"So," She snorted.

"Just shut up, we're going to be late again." I told her.

She stuck her tongue out at me and we walked out of the locker room. All of the interns met in the emergency room, waiting for instruction from our attending. My attending, and one of my many ex-boyfriends, Logan Yarko Thompson, walked into the room. He winked at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes at him and bit my bottom lip nervously. Logan was very handsome and very wealthy. He had a strong Italian accent, but was very good at English. His dark brown locks draped over his temples while his bright blue eyes were watchful and seductive. His eyes met mine and he smirked again.

"Okay, everyone," He announced, "I will have Max, Courtney, Miranda, Tatiana, and Daemon run the emergency room today...the rest of you, follow me."

Everyone nodded and I grabbed a chart from the nurses' table. Logan walked over to me and grazed his lips over my ear.

"I'll be seeing you at lunch, okay, bella?" He cooed in my ear.

"In your dreams, Logan." I teased him, pushing passed him.

I walked over to Courtney, who was finishing her apple. I looked back at Logan and he walked away quickly. I rolled my eyes at him and glanced at the chart. Today was going to be a slow day.

(Gaven p.o.v.)

I fixed my protective glasses as I pulled the trigger to my hand gun. I waited as the target moved closer to me. All shots successful. I took the target off and showed it to Sam, who had his back turned to me.