Listen To Me: Chapter 15

Chapter 15: (Gaven p.o.v.)

I set Max down and held her face in my hands. God, I missed those beautiful eyes of hers. I kissed her gently on the lips and tugged my fingers through her short hair. She pulled away and hugged me again.

"Max...I missed you so much." I whispered.

"I know," She replied, "I read every single letter last night."

"I appreciate that, beautiful."

I felt her stomach rub against me and my eyebrows knitted together in a line. I pulled away from her and my eyes darted to her stomach...her bulging stomach! Max folded her arms over her chest and forced a smile.

"You're either fat or pregnant."

She scowled at me, "Pregnant of course!"

"Is it mine?" I asked, my eyes meeting hers.

She nodded slowly and my heart dropped. The little thing inside her stomach was mine. It must have happened about three months ago when we had sex for the first real time. My lips parted and I fell to my knees in front of her.

"Can I?" I asked her.

"Go right ahead." Max giggled.

I smiled and rested my hand on her stomach. I grinned and lifted her shirt up a little bit. I kissed her stomach and smiled.

"Hi baby, daddy's home." I whispered against Max's stomach.

"Baby missed you too." Max replied, looking at me carefully.

"Girl or boy?" I asked Max, looking up at her.

"I have no idea." Max shrugged, "I'm able to find out though."

"No...I want to keep it a surprise."

She smiled, "Me too."

My child...I'm a father...I'm going to be a father in a matter of months. I stood up and Max tugged her shirt down. I kissed Max passionately on the lips and she brought her hand up to my neck.

"God damn, I love you." I whispered, resting my forehead against hers.

"I love you, too." She replied.

"Did you decide on a name for him or her?" I asked, pointing at her stomach.

"I wanted you to help." She replied.

I grinned and she took my hand and pulled me over to the couch. She sat down and I moved next to her. It was really hard to believe that in her stomach was a little version of her and me.

Max put her hands over her stomach and smiled. Courtney came out of the room and looked at us carefully.

"Hey Court, can you go to the store and buy a few things for me? There's a list on the fridge." Max asked, her eyes not leaving mine.

"Y-Yeah, of course." Courtney replied, walking into the kitchen.

She ran out of the kitchen and grabbed the car keys from a little bowl by the door. I sighed lightly and waited until Courtney left the house so I could finally talk to Max...alone.

"How long are you staying?" Max asked me, her eyes moving away from mine.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, "When our baby is born."

"How long will you be gone for?"

"Several months."

"You're going to miss the most important years of our baby's life you know."

"Max, I can't just leave the army...I would be considered a deserter." I shook my head, "I'll come home every few weeks."

"Okay." She whispered, yawning slightly.

"I'm going to carry you to bed." I whispered, scooping her up.

She nodded slowly and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled and carried her into the bedroom. I set her down in the bed and kicked my boots off. I climbed into bed with her and wrapped my arm around her chest. She was sound asleep when her head touched the pillow. I looked at her stomach and lifted her shirt up a little. I pressed my lips against her stomach and smiled.

"Daddy's going to be there for you. Daddy loves you." I whispered. "Daddy is going to buy you lots of toys and take you everywhere with me because you're my little angel. I love you, baby."

"You're cute." Max whispered, playing with my hair.

I grinned, "Max...I love you so much."

"I love you, too." She muttered.

I smiled and kissed her gently on the cheek. I brought my face back down to her stomach and sighed lightly. I traced small patterns over her stomach and sat up slowly. I took my clothes off and moved underneath the covers with Max. Her body was faced towards me, her head against my chest and her hand tangled in mine. I brought my lips up to her hand and kissed it gently.

"You are my life, my heart, my soul, my secret, my heartbreak, my mess, my angel, my soul mate, my obsession, and the love of my life. Don't change a thing about you...because you're perfect and you're mine."