Listen To Me: Chapter 6

Chapter 6: (Gaven p.o.v.)

I slipped out of bed at three in the morning to look up Kyle on the FBI Database. After about an hour of searching, I finally found him and looked at his background. He does have a criminal background. He has been charged with domestic violence and abuse. I rubbed my forehead and sighed heavily. How could Max be with him without knowing any of this stuff? Maybe he was just a toy to her.

Max wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Why are you up?" She asked me.

I shrugged, "Couldn't sleep."

"Come back to bed." She whispered, kissing me gently behind the ear.

"No, I need to track this guy." I shook my head.

"Please?" She begged, pressing her chest against my back. She wasn't wearing a bra.

She moved over to me and sat on my lap. She played with the hem of my shirt and looked at me carefully. Her lips formed into a smile and she leaned in slowly. I closed my eyes and she kissed the corner of my mouth. I opened my eyes and sighed heavily.

"See, if you would have come back to bed, I would have given you a real kiss, like what you've wanted." She cooed in my ear.

She stood up and walked back into my bedroom. I shut the laptop down and stood up slowly. I walked into the bedroom and moved back into bed with Max. She moved on top of me and pressed her chest against mine. I bit my lip softly and sighed as I felt an erection coming on. Max giggled and closed her eyes slowly.

I rubbed her back gently, my hands roaming her thighs too. I kissed the top of her head softly and looked up at the ceiling. I pressed my lips together in a line and sighed lightly. Kyle is going to be a dead man when I'm done with him.

***

I woke up in an empty bed. I looked over the side of the bed, Max was sleeping on the ground. I frowned and poked her butt. She smacked me and rolled over onto her chest.

"Sweetie, why are you sleeping on the ground?" I asked her.

"I didn't feel good." She answered.

I grabbed onto her waist and pulled her up to my chest. I looked at her face and she rubbed her eyes slowly. I touched her bruised bottom lip with my pinkie finger and she shook me away. I scanned her body and noticed scratches on her shoulders. They looked fresh.

"Max, what happened to your shoulders?"

She said nothing for a moment and my eyes widened.

"Did I do that?" I whimpered.

She climbed off of me and walked to my closet. She grabbed one of my sweatshirts and pulled it over her head.

"Max...did I hurt you?" I asked her.

She walked out of the room and I climbed out of bed. I followed her into the kitchen and she looked at me, sadness and defeat in her beautiful brown eyes. I grabbed onto her arm and she flinched. I let go of her and my eyes fell.

"When did I hurt you?" I asked her.

"When you were sleeping, you had a nightmare or something...you..." She explained.

"Max...I'm so, so sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay," She replied, grabbing a water bottle from my fridge.

I glared at her, "Max...please don't lie to me."

"I'm fine...don't worry about it."

I shook my head and grabbed onto the end of the sweatshirt. I pulled it over her head and looked at her bare back. She had scratches going from her shoulders to her mid back. I went over the scratches with my pointer finger and she looked at me. Sam walked into the apartment and stopped dead in his tracks when he laid his eyes on Max.