CHAPTER 46

DATE (SEBASTIAN'S POV)

I scanned the gallery the moment I entered my penthouse hoping to see Gabrielle waiting for me in the couch or simply lazily watching tv. But of course, that's not her style. She's nowhere down here, but I know that she's just around because I can feel her presence like I have a sixth sense for her.

I cancelled all my meetings after lunch because somehow, I'm distracted and giddy like a goddamn teenager meeting my crush for the first time. I also personally went to the flower shop and chose the most expensive and rarest assorted flowers that were arranged in a bouquet that I will give to her.

Napangiti ako ng maalala ang reaksyon niya kagabi. Naabutan ko siyang papaiyak sa hindi ko alam na dahilan ngunit biglang tila umilaw ang kanyang mga mata at napangiti ng makita ang dala kong bouquet of assorted flowers. And I'd love to see her priceless expression again.

I had us booked in one of the most expensive restaurants in Makati and talked to the owner that luckily is my friend for an exception to their dress code. Knowing my Gabrielle, she will just surely walk-in with her tattered jeans and statement shirt and walk like a queen never minding the rules of where she walked-in.

Nangigiti at kinakabahan akong nagsimulang umakyat sa hagdan patungong ikalawang palapag. I thought, I've encountered enough experience to gain a lot of self confidence but I was wrong. Because when it comes to Gabrielle, lagi parin akong nangangapa ng dapat kung gawin. She's like a complicated maze full of tricks!

She sings when asked, she smiles if needed, she laughs when something's funny but her eyes doesn't coordinate with her actions. They're blank and distant, and it bothers me...

As a business man, I've learned to read and analyzed other people's thoughts. But with her, everything is in haze. I can never tell what exactly is running in her mind, what she truly feels and what's hidden in her smile. And what scares me the most is when her eyes become emotionless and cold.

So young, yet so powerful to draw and manipulate anyone in her tiny palms. And I guess, isa ako sa mga taong kayang-kaya niyang kontrolin at pasunurin. Last, last night was the most amazing moment of my life, where I get to be one with the girl that's been constantly residing in my mind.

We were in the middle of a heated confrontation, desido akong alamin kung bakit bigla na lang niyang akong trinatong parang kaaway when she suddenly kissed me, and I was lost. Isang dampi lang ng kanyang mga labi ay nawalan na ako ng lakas na ipagpatuloy ang anumang nasimulan ko at tuluyan ng nakalimutan at inanod ng kanyang matatamis na halik.

Marami nang babaeng nagdaan sa buhay ko, mga babaeng mas higit ang mga katangian kaysa sa kanya, but then only her managed to hold me like that, to control me and tame me. And somehow it's making me feel lesser of the man I used to be, but surprisingly I don't mind if it's Alexandria Gabrielle.

Like a coward, I left her still asleep this morning and haven't even tried to communicate with her for the whole day dahil sa takot na baka murahin lang niya ako or worst, pagtawanan sa mga ginawa kung pagsuot ng singsing at pag-aaya ng date. Damn, I'm so lame! And if she throws the ring on my face, I won't blame her.

My palms suddenly dampen when I neared our room. May ilang hakbang pa bago ko marating ang pinto ay nakita ko na ang kagaya ng post-it note na iniwan ko sa kanya ang nakadikit sa pinto. Mabilis ko itong hinablot at binasa.

Terrace

I wanted so much to punch myself because I was suddenly very nervous! Damn it, kung may makakaalam na kahit na sino sa mga tauhan ko na ganito ako kagago, tiyak na mawawalan sila ng respeto sa akin.

I composed myself and walked towards the terrace. I don't know what to expect but most probably, we will have a confrontation. She made it clear before that she doesn't do commitments, at ngayong sinuotan ko siya ng singsing, baka isampal lang niya iyon sa akin.