Chapter 13: What He Started

Pride's P.O.V~

I ran a hand through my hair, my other still firmly grasped the book. I watched Sloth bark orders at the two youngest and take care of Y/n, who laid unconscious on the couch. My eyes trailed to her arm. Her sleeve was ripped at the shoulder, exposing the burn mark that coiled around her arm. It wasn't pretty. I cringed, watching the three boys flounder, attempting to help her until a medic came. Her eyelids fluttered like she was trying to force herself to be conscious. Jungkook ran back in, out of breath.

"The medic is on their way."

Namjoon stopped shouting commands and instead silently kept her hydrated. The room was deathly quiet.

"I'm a monster," Wrath whispered. We all heard it anyway. No one said anything in response. What was there to say?

The medic ran into the room and promptly took her away. Jungkook and Taehyung sprang to their feet immediately, ready to follow them. Namjoon held out a hand, which stopped them in their tracks.

"But hyung-"

"Let her be. She'll be fine... just a scar."

My eyes lingered on the spot where Yoongi had stood, the carpet charred by his fire. I don't know when exactly he left the room. Or where he went. I looked down at the book in my hand.

"Sloth," I called carefully. He seemed on edge. Holding up the book, I stood.

"Why did she have this book?"

Namjoon sighed, leaning back on the couch where he sat.

"I gave it to her. If she's going to get involved with us, she needs to know what we are. And why we are the way that we are. And every horrific detail we've ever tried to forget about ourselves."

My eyes flashed violet. How dare Namjoon involve some random peasant? Why would I ever tell her ANYTHING about me? She doesn't deserve to know.

Frustration showed on my face, "She's a stranger. Why would she need to know every little detail of our lives?! Perhaps Wrath was right to burn her. Put her in her place."

As soon as the words left my mouth, Jungkook and Taehyung were on their feet, staring at me with clenched jaws and narrowed eyes.

"Take it back," Jungkook demanded, his voice low and dangerous. Taehyung cracked his neck, a habit he's always done when he's about to lose it.

"Maybe Wrath should've burned you instead," he snapped.

Namjoon quickly stood.

"Enough."

The two younger ones looked between us two, silently pleading for Namjoon to allow them to defend the rat.

I sneered, "You've become so pathetic. Then again, you were always pathetic."

My eyes went to Taehyung. "You were so desperate for attention and affection that you went out every night, and brought someone different home. How many people have you slept with huh? Needy sl*t."

A look of horror and shame flashed across his face.

"And you," I turned to Jungkook, who looked vengeful, "you were our sad little maknae. Always stupidly thinking of others, giving everyone parts of you until there was nothing left. Then all you did was take and take and take and take. You took from the poor, from the rich, from the needy, from the hungry, from the full, from the depressed, from the happy. And it was still never enough for the 'golden maknae'."

Jungkook bit his tongue, his misdeeds ghosting across his face.

I looked at Namjoon, ready to give him a piece of my mind. But before I could, a fist connected with my cheek. My head turned and a heavy warm liquid trickled from out my nose. Looking at Namjoon aghast, I clutched wildly at my face, moving as far away from him as possible. The look in his eyes was something I'd never seen.

"Don't you dare talk to them like that again. You're so f*cking prideful. You act like you're the king of everything, you act like you're better than us. As if you aren't the worst, most pitiful sin out of us all. So arrogant, so sure that you deserve more than the rest of us simply for being you. Should I remind you which one of us became a sin first? It was you. You started this trainwreck. Get out. And if you have more to say about Jungkook, Taehyung or Y/n, I will break more than just your nose." He spat coldly, his fist trembling in anger.

Who is this? Sloth doesn't get angry. Sloth doesn't care about anyone but himself! I shakily stood up, my face contorting in pain and rage and hurt. Sloth would never go out of his way to protect anyone.

I threw the book onto the floor and stormed out of the room, my gaze darkening as I looked at my blood-stained shirt.

"How dare they?"

"How dare they?"

"How dare they?!"

I muttered over and over and over. This is all Y/n's fault, I thought, clutching my head. Yes, this is all her fault. For making Taehyung and Jungkook disobey me. For making them human. For making Wrath angry. For making Namjoon punch me. Yoongi was right to burn her.

I took out a dagger and gripped it tight in my hand.

This is all Y/n's fault. She may have been hurt by Wrath, but I am going to finish the job. I'm going to finish what he started. I walked to the infirmary, my bloodlust getting larger with every step.

I have to finish what he started.

I opened the door to see her lying there in the hospital bed, intravenous dripping water into her body. I brought up the dagger and-

"What are you doing?"

My body whipped around, and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"Envy?"