Chapter 9: Were You?

~3rd Person P. O. V

Taehyung closed his eyes as Namjoon held his breath.

Y/n watched silently, tears brimming in her e/c eyes.

Taehyung wrapped his fingers around his wretched ring and.....

It came off.

Dropping to the floor, Taehyung held the rusted ring shakily in his hand. He looked up to Namjoon with wide eyes.

Then, tossing the ring away, he threw himself onto Namjoon who embraced his younger brother once again.

No one spoke. They didn't need to. Taehyung had just done the impossible. He took off his ring. The brothers broke apart.

"But how Taehyung-ah?" Namjoon asked breathlessly.

Taehyung smiled boxily up at his brother whose heart warmed. He hadn't smiled like that in years.

"I don't know hyung! I just... I love all of you so much," he looked at Y/n for the first time since he entered the room.

Running up to her he took her hand.

"You. I heard hyung talking to you. He said that we might be able to go back to the way things were. Like they were before that day. I would give anything for that. And when hyung said that. I just... I had hope. I remember when we were brothers. And I love them so much..."

Y/n smiled.

"You had hope. Without it, there's only despair. Hope is what changes them Namjoon. It's hope. His hope was for even one of his family to show him love again. But everyone has a different hope. If I can figure out what they lost hope for, what they desire most," she looked into Taehyung's sweet honey brown eyes,
"then I can bring them back into the light."

Namjoon walked over and smiled softly.

"I know what I hope for. But mine will have to be last."

Y/n sighed at Namjoon and turned to face him.

"You won't be satisfied until they're all back. Won't you?"

Namjoon shook his head and wrapped an arm around Taehyung.

"But that doesn't mean I haven't gone soft. I'll do what I can to help you."

Taehyung beamed, "Me too! I'd die for my hyungs." Namjoon shook his head, "no Taehyungie... Live for us."

He nodded and turned to Y/n.

"The easiest to turn now will be

....Jungkook."

--------------------------------------------------------------
~Y/n's P. O. V

"Greed?" I asked curiously.

Taehyung nodded sat down. Namjoon and I both mirrored his actions.

"I know Jungkook better than anyone. We were so close... And Jimin. He was my soulmate. But the toll on him is worse than it was on Jungkook. Jungkook was selfless. He always put everyone else before himself. He was the last to turn. I know why he turned. He took the ring because he felt abandoned, like me. But, he still tried to help us. He tried so hard but we ignored his selflessness and were too focused on ourselves. He got angry, frustrated. Then, he decided he would only focus on himself. That thought consumed him. The ring took power and now he's become greed. "

I sat in shock. He sounded so innocent. They all sounded like they were.

"Wait...." I said. They looked to me in confusion.

"You were," I swallowed thickly, "You were Chastity weren't you?" I asked Taehyung.
I looked to Namjoon.

"And you were Diligence."

"Jungkook was Charity. Seokjin was humility. Jimin was Kindness. Hoseok was Abstinence. And Yoongi was Patience."

"You were the Seven Heavenly Virtues weren't you?"

"Yes, we were."