Chapter 3 : When do I begin?

"The Arua Lufnis." I repeated as his face contorted into a look of fear, wrath and agony.

"How did you find it?!" He shouted, rage very evident on his face.

"I stole it, it was supposed to go to the one who ordered it but I decided against it."

"Who? Who ordered it?! " He interrogated.

"Industria. One of the Neo-Seven Heavenly Virtues." I heard growling emit from his throat. I gulped,

"however, I did not hand over the ring as you know. I kept it. Something in me told me to keep it, that it would be wrong to hand it over to him." Namjoon's ragged breathing slowed and he seemed to of calmed down ever so slightly.

"Heavenly Virtue, sure." he scoffed before looking at me once again. I sat, confused, but slowly, slowly I started figuring it out. This ring can control the Seven Sins. And if one has control on the Seven Sins...

"They control the world..." I murmured, gaze locked on the ring.

"yes, that's correct. Whoever controls the Sins, controls the world, but as you would guess us Sins despise the thought of being controlled." I stared at Kim Namjoon. Acedia; the Sloth. One of the Seven Sins, one of the Seven Kings of the Capital.

"Then I suppose I'm supposed to give up the ring?" The heavy silence was finally broken.

"Once it chooses someone it can't be rid it's master. The only way is for the guardian of the ring to release it's control." I kept quiet, guess it serves as a blessing of sorts and a curse all the same.

"No, I wouldn't." I said quietly. He thought for a minute.

  I sighed, exasperated.

"But what about our deal? I was going to steal-"

"No. Forget about that. You will be my right hand assistant and bodyguard." I sat shocked.

"What- But I- How on- I can't- What?!" I sputtered out.

"But I'm a thief! I'm far from the qualifications of either of those!"

"You think us sins have the proper qualifications of kings? The Capital is corrupted, beyond salvation. You think you don't have qualifications? Please, you're an angel among devils." He muttered, his words laced with boredom.

 "Why would I go with you in the first place?!" He smirked at me.

"Do you have anywhere else to back to? Any home waiting for you? Besides, I know more about that little ring on your finger than anyone else and ever since you took it in your possession you have suddenly become the center of my attention, I will not have you running around with so much power- but I suppose in way it's only you to blame. If you hadn't stolen it none of us would be in this mess."

My mouth formed a thin line as I replayed what he said. He's right, it is my fault. And I don't have anywhere to go back to. What could I do? Run and simply get captured and tortured until I gave up the ring? Or I could go, he's inviting (more like forcing) me to become his assistant and bodyguard... I think the choice here is obvious. 

"When do I begin?"