chapter 9.

9 hours ago

yeosang wandered aimlessly through the streets after their heated argument. he didn't have a specific destination in mind; all he wanted to do was keep walking away from what had become his broken relationship with wooyoung. what went wrong, and where did it all go wrong? he pondered. was it the day he walked into KQ? was it the moment wooyoung and san finally met, their eyes catching each other and instantly clicking? or was it wooyoung's disinterest in yeosang due to his introverted personality?

before he knew it, yeosang found himself in front of his old company's building. it has been around 2 years since he had left VIBE entertainment, but nothing much has changed. large crystals were found on the sides of the steps leading up to the front door, and the walls were still painted sonic silver with its name hung on the very top. yeosang had no idea how his feet had led him here. perhaps it was the memories he and wooyoung shared before joining KQ and all of this chaos.

yeosang stood in front of the door, clearly clueless about what to do. after deciding for a while, he thought that it wasn't too bad to greet his friends and former labelmates.

getting inside the company building was not difficult because it was open to visitors and even fans. he asked the staff to call his old manager to inform him of his visit, given the fact that he had left his phone back at the dorms. he smiled as soon as he saw him.

"it's been a while, yeo. what brings you here?"

"i don't know either, i'm sorry for the unexpected visit. honestly, there's just a lot going on my mind right now. do you mind taking me to the practice room? i kind of miss jun, jihoon, and the rest."

"alright, i'll take you to the practice room. before that, why don't we grab a cup of coffee? you look like you've gone through some shit."

"how can you tell?"

"it's written all over your face."

after grabbing coffee, his manager led him to the practice room where the trainees were staying. upon seeing his old friends, he ran up to them with an embrace. besides wooyoung, he had made a lot of strong relationships during his training period in VIBE entertainment. and while wooyoung and yeosang had been friends for 7 years, his friendship with jun has been much longer—for 9 years. he was also reunited with his old team, jihoon, minhyuk, and kangmin, whom he performed his monthly evaluations together. it was their goal to debut together, but unfortunately yeosang left the company due to the fierce competition that he couldn't keep their promise. nonetheless, they're still as close as before. minhyuk was the first to congratulate yeosang when he debuted with ateez. they were all truly happy for him.

yeosang told just about everything to jun, finally relieved that he had let it all out.

"was i in the wrong, jun? maybe i should have never snapped back at him, maybe i should have stayed quiet."

"well, not to be biased here, but wooyoung was clearly in the wrong. and clearly...."

"clearly what?"

"clearly jealous."

yeosang stared at him for a while, then burst out into laughter.