Chapter 7: My New Shadow

Elena's P.O.V

'Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep!'

I roll over in my bed and open my eyes slowly before I reach my hand out of the covers of my bed and turn my alarm clock off. Groggily I throw my legs over the side of the bed and stand up only to be granted the reflection of myself in the mirror with only my garments on! Topped with my messy bed hair.

Lovely.

I took my time to have a good shower to freshen me up and washed my hair before I blow dried it and brushed it out before I put it in my professional messy work bun. Once I was dressed in my work clothes and had done my hair I went to the big mirror of my dresser.

I buttoned up my navy blue blazer over my matching navy blue smart short dress for work and applied some very light makeup on.

Once I was happy in my smart work clothes I grabbed my silver clutch and stuffed my phone and keys in there before I slipped my black work high heels on and grabbed my work ID card and slipped it over my head and around my neck for work.

I looked at my click in my room.

6:00am.

I still have 45 minutes before I have to leave plenty of time to have my smoothie and relax for a bit before I have to go.

I opened my bedroom door and walked down the hallway while I fiddled with my clutch and finally pulling my gold IPhone 6 out. Pressing in my passcode lock to my phone It opened up onto home screen suddenly my phone started beeping repeatedly on high volume with Facebook notifications. "Shit" I cursed as I made my way into the kitchen pressing the volume button trying to turn it down as it kept buzzing with notifications.

Finally I was able to shut my phone up and I looked at the notifications.

Caroline mentioned you in 4 different photo's.
Macy tagged you in her photo.
7 new messages from Macy, Rebekah, Anna and 3 others.
Tyler Lockwood commented on your photo... Sexy Lena.
Caroline your photo from July 13th 2013 long time ago...
Damon Salvatore sent you a friend request.

I scoffed at the last notification.

He thinks it's that easy huh?

Wrong!

I chuckled softly as I declined the friend request and then scroll through my news and feed while I make my health smoothie.

Multitasking.

I'm so good!

I grabbed the smoothie and took a sip of it, the refreshing healthy liquid slipping down my throat.

Best way to get refreshed.

I planted my but on the very corner of the white leather sofa set and folded my right leg over my left as I continued to scroll through my news and feed while sipping on my health smoothie

I checked the time on my IPhone.

6:30am

I have 15 minutes before I have to go to work.

I scrolled through my news and feed liking some posts ignoring the some others suddenly I came to a picture caroline posted on her account last night at 1:35am.

More like this morning at 1:35am!

I literally started chocking on my smoothie.

I stared in disbelief at a photo

my so called best friend posted on Facebook.

A picture.

Of myself.