Chapter 8: Turn Of Events

I cupped his face in my shaky hands, I'm normally not this nervous doing something to help someone, I mean I have preformed CPR on a guy before, it was in the last year of college and I was going for a jog when I found a poor young guy unconscious and crying for his mother. He was quite cute too, and I preformed CPR on him and I wasn't nervous at all, I bit the inside of my mouth, he is unconscious he won't know I preformed CPR on him. When he wakes up I will just tell him he was dazed for a couple of minutes.

I examine Damon for a second being up so close to his face, he actually looks like his jaw and face overall has matured. He looks so peaceful with his eyes closed. I reach my hand out and brush his raven looks out of his face. My hand lingers for a moment in his hair it's so soft. Gently I pull my hand away and tilt his head to the right position to preform CPR.

I leant in towards him slowly. I hesitated a few centimeters away from his mouth and just gazed at him, I really shouldn't be a coward like Caroline said to me a few years back when I was to scared to go on a huge roller coaster at a theme park, what? it was huge and once I was on I regretted it because I was practically barfing the entire ride along with messy hair and muffled screaming.

Taking a deep breath I lean Damon's head on the end of my knee and slowly bring my fingers to his lips and pry them open so his mouth is open and easier for me to access to preform CPR. Subconsciously I let my finger linger on his lower lip and started caressing it back and forth for a few seconds.

So soft, like a babies bum.

So full.

So deliciously pink.

Shit! Something is defiantly wrong with me, Quickly I snap out of my daze and prepare to start CPR.

Deep breaths, Deep breaths, Deep breaths.

Placing my hands on his chest I lean my mouth towards his, I look up at his closed eyes before down at his open breathless mouth. Swallowing the lump forming in my throat I open my lips and close my eyes and lean down towards his mouth pressing my hands hardly down on his chest.

Once my lips are about an ants width before touching his I feel his chest heave several times from under hands. Shocked I open my eyes and look down at his chest to see its moving up and down slowly.

He's breathing!

"Ugh..." Damon grunts.

I snap my head up, only realising how close are heads were together and are noses touched. Shocked I looked up into his eyes to see they are open and our staring up at me. I felt as if I was glued to that position I couldn't move just able to stare into his eyes while our noses were together stuck in a trance.

Damon's P.O.V

I felt something hard press down on my chest.

An elbow?

"Ugh..." I groaned, what happened.

I kept my eyes closed waiting for my breathing to reach its normal pattern.
I finally felt my breathing resume to its normal pattern, God I have never experienced being unconscious before I never want that to happen again.

I heave my chest up and down a few times before I slowly start opening my eyes, Man I can already picture Elena's scowl on her face.

My eyes open and take 3 seconds to adjust to the lighting.

What the hell is that? Am I dead, f*ck I didn't reach 30, I squint my eyes and then suddenly everything becomes clear.

I see Elena's beautiful face right in front of mine and is leaning over me.