Chapter 7

After being left in the room alone, I decided to explore the whole place. If this will be my home for a few weeks, then, I guess I have to learn my way around. I quickly went out of the room, quietly so as not to disturb Lucas whatever he's doing.

            I was greeted by the large living area with couches. From the other far-end, I saw a bar. I walked towards it and saw an opening towards the kitchen. It was also overlooking Seattle. This is so wonderful. Everything about the place was beige. I went back to the living area and noticed an opening towards a sitting area leading to a staircase... a beige staircase with glass railings on the side. So there's a second floor? Upstairs, I saw a hallway. There were four doors. The first one, I tried to open but it was locked. Weird.

            I went to the second door and tried to open it. It's a small gallery of... paintings and photographs! Oh, my gosh! This is heaven. I see a photograph of a river in the midst of a lush forest. Where could this be taken? Then, there was a photograph of a woman. She's very pretty. The photo's in sepia.Her eyes are coal black... just like Luke's.

            "Hungry?"

            Nagulat ako sa boses mula sa likuran ko. I turned around and saw him still in his sweatpants without a shirt on. Well, to be fair, I was still wearing his shirt. "Actually, I am."

            "Come, I'll feed you."

            I looked once more at the photograph behind me. "Lucas, who is she? She's so beautiful..."

            "That's my mother."

            I looked back at him, shocked. "Oh... you have her eyes. What's her name?"

            "Thank you. Her name's Ana."

            "Ana..." I looked back at the woman in the photograph. "And yourdad? You have a photo of him in here, too?" I asked.

            His eyes darkened all of a sudden. "I'm heading to the kitchen. Follow me if you want to eat." He turned his back on me and left me, once again. I don't know if I'll ever get used to him walking out on me at all times. But since my stomach growled, I had no choice but to follow him to the kitchen.

            "So what's for breakfast?"

            He turned back to me. "I was thinking... you."         

            I stepped back, in fear, of course. I knew how much he can affect me with just a stroke of his finger.

            He smiled at the fear he saw in my eyes. "Or maybe not... yet. You wanna go out? Let's go eat breakfast outside."

            Oh my gosh! Bakit ang bilis niyang magbago ng mood? Parang kanina lang tinalikuran niya ako and now, he wants to take me out for breakfast! "I want pancakes."

            "I know a place. Get dressed!" he ordered.

            We went out to Seattle with his black Maserati Gran Cabrio. Actually, he owns a lot of Maseratis in the parking area of his penthouse. I didn't know he was this rich. I saw a DSLR camera settled at the backseat of his car. I grabbed it immediately and asked him, "Kanino?"

            "Mine," he answered and started the ignition.

            "You like taking photographs?"

            "Sometimes."

            Okay, so he's still mad. But about what? I don't know. I just kept quiet and enjoyed the wind around my hair as he pressed gas and we went out of the building's basement. Seattle looks amazing on a Sunday morning! I snapped photos of various people on the streets and various cars passing by. Oh, I missed my hobby! And I missed this carefree feeling. During the past week, I've been worrying about my father. But I'm sure he has a good reason for doing all this. I mean, I still am safe, am I not? Lucas seems... very trustworthy despite his mood swings.

            I focused the camera lens on Luke and pressed capture. He quickly looked at me, coal black eyes blazing. "Did you just - ?"

            "Yes," I answered and continued capturing shots of him, mad and surprised. Then, I inched closer to him so I can take a photo of us both.

            "Very funny, Caterina," he said after I took a photo of us.

            I pouted playfully, "I want my pancakes, Sir!"  I yelled like a child.

            "Yes, baby. Just be patient." He reached for my hand and held it. This is the first time he's touched me... chastely. I smiled. "What?"

            "Nothing," I answered, smiling. "I just feel... happy. After a long week of worrying about my dad."

            "I won't let anything bad happen to him."

            With those words, I felt more secure than ever. "You do?"

            He looked at me again. "Yes. I'll try my best to help him against those fuckers. All for you, Caterina."

            "Eyes on the road, Sir!" I teased.

            "Yes, baby!" And he pressed gas all the more. I squealed in laughter.

****

#Pancakes #FoodBeforeSex

Pakakainin ka muna at bubusugin bago ka pasukin. HAHAHHAHAHAHA 

Vote and comment nooow!